Any help is greatly appreciated. Yes, I searched. Nothing seemed to come up for this issue.
    04-05-12 01:44 AM
    What's the issue? How's the site supposed to look?
    04-05-12 05:15 AM
    What about opera mini?
    04-05-12 05:40 AM
    So it's a Russian site with what appears to be a warning. Oh, and I didn't know Opera was an available browser for the PB?
    04-05-12 05:42 AM
    I accessed the web address and I receive error 503 service temporarily unavailable.

It might be the web page and not the PB.
    04-05-12 05:48 AM
    Hi guys. Its not a Russian site. Its just a regular website.. some websites show up like that. And I know its not my PB, as I have three in my family. They all show up like this. I am using the default web browser. That url isn't the url of the site I am checking.. it seems to just change to that.
    04-05-12 08:56 PM
    That website doesn't even exist. Curious though, have you sideloaded any Android apps.. more specifically.. Opera Mini? Something isn't jiving here as to how you are seeing Opera Software warnings on your PlayBook if you have no assoc. to Opera at all. One other concern is, how exactly are you connected? WiFi? Cause if that's the case, I'd be looking at your DNS settings and changing them cause if it's WiFi I'd say you're suffering from some DNS poisoning.
    app_Developer likes this.
    04-05-12 09:06 PM
    Do you have Javascript enabled?

Can you post links to the sites you are having problems with so that we can test them on our end?
    04-05-12 09:17 PM
    OS 2.1 has 8000+ browser fixes, due to a WebKit update. Maybe it will come with a fix for these errors...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    04-05-12 09:20 PM
    Hey guys. Yeah, not trying to stir anything up. I love my PB. There are a few sites. One that comes to mind:

www.japaneseculinarycenter.com

I have not sideloaded anything. Completely stock. I am connected via wifi. This happens at several wifi locations.

yes, javascript is enabled.

Thanks for the help everyone. I really thought this was normal cause its doing it on all my PBs. Glad to know its not. Appreciate any help.
    04-05-12 09:28 PM
    It has been a few years since I have used Opera Mini but I used to get strange location errors as well. It was due to how Opera used their own servers to deliver web content. Back in the day, we could get some Flash-like content (i.e. video) on mobile devices (before there was Flash mobile) by using Opera Mini. The downside was that I would constantly get Norwegian or Swedish sites instead of US when I did web searches.
    04-05-12 09:34 PM
    That website doesn't even exist. Curious though, have you sideloaded any Android apps.. more specifically.. Opera Mini? Something isn't jiving here as to how you are seeing Opera Software warnings on your PlayBook if you have no assoc. to Opera at all. One other concern is, how exactly are you connected? WiFi? Cause if that's the case, I'd be looking at your DNS settings and changing them cause if it's WiFi I'd say you're suffering from some DNS poisoning.
    I am not sure what this means, but its making me a bit worried. However, it happens at every wifi spot that I try.
    04-05-12 09:39 PM
    That website does exist, at least ominiupdate.ru does. Plus. if you google ominiupdate.ru, you'll get a couple of Facebook hits, that if clicked on, seem to have links to Opera Mini Browser. I think you're probably getting redirected from the website you're trying to get to. What is that website.
    04-05-12 09:41 PM
    Okay, I was able to visit the site (japan......) using SecureBrowser but using the native browser I get the same screen shown in Post 1, except I do not get the "Opera" in the red bar but I do get the red bar.

Oh, I was fine visiting using firefox on my computer, too.

Let the others weigh-in.....
    04-05-12 11:22 PM
    That site is probably tainted and is redirecting traffic to the shady Russian site. I wouldn't recommend poking at it too much...
    04-06-12 01:11 AM
    Hey guys. Yeah, not trying to stir anything up. I love my PB. There are a few sites. One that comes to mind:

Центр обновления браузера

I have not sideloaded anything. Completely stock. I am connected via wifi. This happens at several wifi locations.

yes, javascript is enabled.

Thanks for the help everyone. I really thought this was normal cause its doing it on all my PBs. Glad to know its not. Appreciate any help.
    No go on the HP Touchpad. Same error.
    04-06-12 01:48 AM
    Same error on Dolphin (my Android phone) with default settings.

Now, the interesting part. If I change the default behavior to the Desktop mode, then the site opens OK in Dolphin.

It looks like the PB browser gets identified as an unknown mobile browser by the site, hence, the issue.

I wish there was a forced desktop mode in the PB browser as well.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 04-06-12 at 02:00 AM.
    04-06-12 01:53 AM
    That site is probably tainted and is redirecting traffic to the shady Russian site. I wouldn't recommend poking at it too much...

No, the site looks legit.
    04-06-12 01:54 AM
    This is a wrong detection of your browser or a malicious attempt to make you DL something on your device (browser_update.jar). Since the HTML code of this site is quite poor ([Invalid] Markup Validation of http://japaneseculinarycenter.com/ - W3C Markup Validator) I'll bet for the detection error, which is quite a commune mistake with mobile device browsers.
    kennyliu likes this.
    04-06-12 02:51 AM
    This is a wrong detection of your browser or a malicious attempt to make you DL something on your device (browser_update.jar). Since the HTML code of this site is quite poor ([Invalid] Markup Validation of http://japaneseculinarycenter.com/ - W3C Markup Validator) I'll bet for the detection error, which is quite a commune mistake with mobile device browsers.
    Definitely wrong detection.
    04-06-12 02:54 AM
    Hi guys! Thanks. So it looks like its cause the site was poorly made?
    04-06-12 12:25 PM
    Hi guys! Thanks. So it looks like its cause the site was poorly made?
    Not really. It's because the site thinks the PB browser is a mobile browser, which it is.
    04-06-12 12:43 PM
    But why would it result in such a weird outcome if its not their sites poor design? 99.9% of sites (I am sure that includes some really crappy sites) just display correctly. Legitimate question, I really am curious. Thank you!
    04-06-12 12:53 PM
    But why would it result in such a weird outcome if its not their sites poor design? 99.9% of sites (I am sure that includes some really crappy sites) just display correctly. Legitimate question, I really am curious. Thank you!
    They probably have browser detection rules set to redirect to the browser update site for all mobile browsers.
    04-06-12 01:04 PM
    Gotcha. Thanks for all the help! I appreciate it!
    04-06-12 02:17 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD