Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    PIN
    classified
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Playbook Browser hasn't crashed in nearly a month!

Hey folks!

Just dropping in to say my PB Browser is working fine, no more "Poofs!"
    I turned on "Private browsing" one day and forgot to turn it back off. It's been over a month and I haven't had any crashes in that time.

That is all
    Thanked by:
    Mr.Monty (05-07-2012) 
    Mr.Monty, edu3110 and Vorkosigan like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    22,404 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Runs with Scissors"

cleveland!!!! Long time no see! Whooop Whoooop!! Glad there's no more poofing...
    (BBM # 5)
    CB 5K 50K,100K 500K Challenge Thread
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AA6XXXX

In before the lock, since this 5 star report is good news about the PlayBook. I haven't had a browser crash since November of last year...I'm still waiting.
    If You Can Read This, Thank a Teacher...if it's in English, Thank a Soldier

Support: www.woundedwarriorproject.org

We etch these names in granite to stand against time so we and our children can learn and remember.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts

Cleveland, Thankyou. You fixed it. My CB site was all screwed up. I changed to Private Browsing and bingo!

Thanks again.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts

That makes sense, if the private browsing really works it probably just stores cookies, and doesn't cache anything.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Another positive thread without any negative things. Good for you on your browser success.
    [B]Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
    Q10 the finest BlackBerry
    CrackBerry User

This is not true... Since i got my pb I'm using private browsing it still crash , I think it depends on what site you went. (Like website that full with flash and images)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,032 Global Posts

Well my Browser has never crashed either since I owned this
    Gadget Dec 1st, but my friends PB
    does get some crashing . So I guess some people get lucky
    or its just a bug on some software loads.
    Watch Hulu and Netflix on the Playbook
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-690973/
    CrackBerry User

I'm obviously not doing something right because I'm still getting the poofs, poofs !!!! Still like the PB though.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cleveland216 View Post
    Hey folks!

Just dropping in to say my PB Browser is working fine, no more "Poofs!"
    I turned on "Private browsing" one day and forgot to turn it back off. It's been over a month and I haven't had any crashes in that time.

That is all
    Lucky you - want to trade tablets? On an average day mine crashes 3 times, in the last few days the pb decided to escalate the browser thing ; now the browser completely freezes and the only way to get it going again is to reboot.
    Love my pb.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AA6XXXX

Regular cleansing of your cache works wonders. Maybe because I do it daily is why I never had a browser crash, and my kids haven't either on their PB's.
    If You Can Read This, Thank a Teacher...if it's in English, Thank a Soldier

Support: www.woundedwarriorproject.org

We etch these names in granite to stand against time so we and our children can learn and remember.
    Banned

At one point I cleared history, cache, local storage after every single browser session (I'm not even kidding lol). It would still crash. Now I just clear it once a day, and it almost always crashes when I clear the stuff. The browser crashes are still a mystery,. I assure you!
    CrackBerry User

I got my pb in beginning of March.

It had to do a long upgrade when I first turned it on.
    I had browser crashes deluxe. 3-4 times per day, easy.

Due to another account issue I had, RIM tech instructed me to reinstall the OS, using the desktop utility.

Since that clean sweep, the browser has barely crashed. I honestly think something got pooched when it did the first OS2 upgrade.
    Storm, playbook.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Just set it on private and it crashed twice in the past 3 hrs while just surfing on crackberry and howard forums.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts

My browser just crushed for the first time since I bought it last week.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB

I get a crash once in maybe 2 or 3 weeks... Otherwise just smooth sailing all the time.. and you know wat.. Ive put the setting for 'Open last opened pages or whatever; upon browser start' so even if it does crash.. i just hit browser icon again and its like nothing ever happened..
    Thanked by:
    cleveland216 (04-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

I've had 6 browser crashes today alone. I wish they'd just fix the browser already. :/

I swear there's a memory leak involved with the browser too. I had my browser on standby for 12 hours and when I came back and closed my browser (it scrolled really choppy and made me worried so I closed it to check the total RAM) it has only 91.1mb of RAM available of the 1gb. I restarted the Playbook and now it's 568mb of RAM available.

Overall, the browser just seems like a mess.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by xDragonZ View Post
    This is not true... Since i got my pb I'm using private browsing it still crash , I think it depends on what site you went. (Like website that full with flash and images)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    So because this solution didn't work for you you accuse the OP of lying?
    Ain't no rocket scientists in the fire hall
    9500 > 9550 > 9800 > 9810 > 9900

32g Playbook + 16g Playbook + 64g Playbook
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Yaceka View Post
    I've had 6 browser crashes today alone. I wish they'd just fix the browser already. :/

I swear there's a memory leak involved with the browser too. I had my browser on standby for 12 hours and when I came back and closed my browser (it scrolled really choppy and made me worried so I closed it to check the total RAM) it has only 91.1mb of RAM available of the 1gb. I restarted the Playbook and now it's 568mb of RAM available.

6 since December, none in 2 1/2 weeks
    Ain't no rocket scientists in the fire hall
    9500 > 9550 > 9800 > 9810 > 9900

32g Playbook + 16g Playbook + 64g Playbook
    CrackBerry Addict

I did a debrick about a month and a half ago and it it has almost eliminated my browser crashes. My browser would poof around 5 times a day and now it happens about once a week.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,589 Global Posts

What sites were you on? Since closing my email after reading it instead of leaving it open I've 2 poofs in 3 weeks.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Newbie

Maybe I'm unlucky or doing something wrong but my browser seems to crash every half hour or so, or almost every time I open another app. Just happened a minute ago after opening the weather app, which brought me to write about it here. Pita!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by svenka View Post
    Maybe I'm unlucky or doing something wrong but my browser seems to crash every half hour or so, or almost every time I open another app. Just happened a minute ago after opening the weather app, which brought me to write about it here. Pita!
    Is your available memory (about>hardware) very low? A reboot may fix it if you have some rogue app sucking resources.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 04-17-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BBplaybookJS View Post
    So because this solution didn't work for you you accuse the OP of lying?
    Where does the poster say OP is lying. He's simply saying OP's case about enabling "private browsing" appears to fix OP's crash issue is simply not true - for him.

What does "private browsing" do anyway?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddface View Post
    Is your available memory (about>hardware) very low? A reboot may fix it if you have some rogue app sucking resources.
    It is discussed often, but it seems the "available memory" isn't an issue. I usually have about 300MB free when these things occur.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast