Interesting issue. After upgrading to ver 1088 everything was good. Then I had to start rebooting my Playbook to get some of the bridging icons to show and to be able to delete emails over bridge.

Now my browser is crashing fairly regularly. Started out just crashing occasionally, now fairly common.

Any ideas?

thks in advance.
    11-23-12 10:33 AM
    Interesting issue. After upgrading to ver 1088 everything was good. Then I had to start rebooting my Playbook to get some of the bridging icons to show and to be able to delete emails over bridge.

Now my browser is crashing fairly regularly. Started out just crashing occasionally, now fairly common.

Any ideas?

thks in advance.
    You will have to cope with it. Playbook browser has been this way since day one. It happens with me too. It starts crashing randomly. It is very unpredictable. You never know, when it starts acting up. As for solution, may be a hard reboot will fix it. But it is highly unlikely. I think you need to do security wipe. This will solve the problem. But this may happen again. As I said, it is very unpredictable. Atleast tbis happens with me. GOOD LUCK...
    11-23-12 10:42 AM
    I have never had to do a security wipe. If the browser crashes on me, I check the available memory and usually find that I have left several things running in the background. That's the problem with a multi tasking machine. I close whatever I don't need, clear the cache and the browser usually runs great again. I am hoping for a memory manager app when BB10 comes. Until then I would just get into the habit of closing apps and clearing cache as a regular task. Hope this helps.

Cheers
    11-23-12 12:53 PM
    I had same problem. What fixed mine was going in settings- general- application behavior and changed it from paused to showcase. Fixed my unit and increased responsiveness throughout. Good luck.
    12-03-12 07:21 PM
    Clear your cache and all in the browser. Three finger salute... power + and - all at the same time until it reboots.

Mine goes in streaks. No poofs for days and then I'll have a day where it will poof I'm gone 3 or 4 times.
    12-03-12 07:25 PM
    I had same problem. What fixed mine was going in settings- general- application behavior and changed it from paused to showcase. Fixed my unit and increased responsiveness throughout. Good luck.
    That's an interesting theroy.
    I rarely see the browser crash and I have always been in showcase. I don't see why that would make a difference but that's my experience.
    12-03-12 07:34 PM
    Really? I would have thought that this would slow things down and lead to more crashes by virtue of more things going on ...
    12-03-12 07:39 PM
    I know right? Seems showcase would use up the memory. I checked that twice on mine and both times I put it in paused the browser started freezing up and the minute I returned it to showcase, it stopped crashing. Dolphin was doing the same for me as well as boat. All of them kept freezing. I have the latest os update
    12-03-12 11:42 PM
    Every since the last update I am having the same issue, at 1st I thought maybe I had swiped the browser closed because I was scrolling a couple of times when it crashed. Then I realized it also crashed sometimes just opening links on pages. I have been using the paused feature since I had my playbook over a year and no problem until now. I will try the showcase and see if it solves the problem.
    12-23-12 09:42 PM
    Hi My playbook crashed when it tried opening a link with Playbook browser. I couldn't do anything with it. I've connected it to the pc and managed to get all my files off using BDM. I then tried to charge it and the LED is not responding. I just tried your 3 finger salute reset and nothing......HELP!
    07-06-14 02:43 PM
    Really? I would have thought that this would slow things down and lead to more crashes by virtue of more things going on ...
    I know right? Seems showcase would use up the memory. I checked that twice on mine and both times I put it in paused the browser started freezing up and the minute I returned it to showcase, it stopped crashing. Dolphin was doing the same for me as well as boat. All of them kept freezing. I have the latest os update
    A fair assumption would be that in showcase mode the Playbook allocates more memory to the running app(s) to keep it going smooth.
    07-07-14 03:08 AM