For some odd reason I cant get the bridge browser to work. I can bridge my phone to the tab and everything works fine except for the browser. Any suggestions?

I can't even get google to load through the bridge browser
    What I had to do was delete all the saved wifi hotspots from my phone, then reboot both the phone and the playbook.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    This ^^ solution worked for me.

So far, my PB and its various connections have worked flawlessly. I don't seem to be having the issues that alot of others are having. I even have the PB set as a network drive. It a great feature to be able to just drag and drop files on my laptop, that get wirelessly get transferred to my PB. Did this with 5Gig of music plus some videos.

Just need the app developers to get on their horses, and the various websites I visit to recognize the PB's browser.

Thus far I'm really happy with it.
    04-21-11 12:14 PM
    i get half page loads and then it wont allow me to select a link on a webpage. it is useless to me.... and sprint doesnt have bluetooth tethering plan so im SOL at the moment. this might be a deal breaker at least until the 3g version comes out.
    04-21-11 12:23 PM
    I am having the same trouble-free experience with the bridge browser at Ric Zoh.

I used the bridge browser yesterday while travelling in a car - it was fast enough for me. Yeah a little slower than my kick-*** wifi setup here at home, but perfectly acceptable while going 60 mph down the highway. (FYI: someone else was driving!)
    04-21-11 12:24 PM
    Bluetooth perhaps?
    Don't think so... "Internet Tethering" is still fast, and that's via bluetooth as well.

Something else is going on.

I've tried deleting all the wifi hotspots from my phone, and rebooting both devices...still the same result.

Guess I'll be calling tech support.
    04-21-11 12:39 PM
    guys.... connect the bridge and walk away.... then go into options and connect the tether to your BB, you can run both the bridge and the tether at the same time to the same device... now once you have connected the bb to the PB using the bridge and the tether, DO NOT USE the bridge browser and simply use the regular browser.... voila!

tethered data doesnt use the NOC, bridged browser data does use the NOC, hence why its slower
    hi, i just had a few questions...

if you use bridge AND tether, wouldn't the carriers know that you're tethering? if you don't have a tethering plan, wouldn't this be a problem?

and if you're going to tether, why bridge at all?

Thanks!!
    04-21-11 01:57 PM

if you use bridge AND tether, wouldn't the carriers know that you're tethering? if you don't have a tethering plan, wouldn't this be a problem?

Thanks!!
    Yep, if you use "internet tether", the carriers will know that you are tethering.

The reason that people want to use bridge, is because it allows access to your email, contacts, calendar, etc as well. Internet Tethering does not have this feature.
    04-21-11 01:59 PM

Thanks!!
    tether yes will be detected but i dint have to worry about that... and i bridge so i still have access to my emails etc that bridge gives you
    04-21-11 02:39 PM
    Interesting. I can Internet tether with my Curve 8520, but cannot with my Torch 9800.

I can confirm that the bridged browser sucks compared to the other browser. My 8520 is on EDGE (2G) and even though it was slow, it out-preformed the bridged browser.

The bridge def. needs some work, and now my Torch needs to work with the internet browsing!

Nevermind! I figured it out!
    Last edited by Clarkee; 04-21-11 at 02:44 PM.
    04-21-11 02:39 PM
    I'm sure that the bridge browser will get better over time... My guess is that the NOC area for Playbooks does nto have enough capacity for all the requests... Either hardware or bandwidth issues (this due to the squid "blackberry internet service" errors I've seen using the Bridge browser)

So just give RIM time to turn on more servers and install more bandwidth and it will get better! For me it's been getting better, but in no way same speed as direct wifi browser.
    04-21-11 03:24 PM
    I found turning off flash and using a sites "mobile site" improved performance to a faster crawl.
    04-21-11 03:36 PM
    maybe i lucked out but my bridge browser works great.
    04-21-11 04:34 PM
    Interesting. I can Internet tether with my Curve 8520, but cannot with my Torch 9800.

I can confirm that the bridged browser sucks compared to the other browser. My 8520 is on EDGE (2G) and even though it was slow, it out-preformed the bridged browser.

The bridge def. needs some work, and now my Torch needs to work with the internet browsing!

Nevermind! I figured it out!
    How did you fix the problem with your torch?
    I can pair and bridge my ATT Bberry to my playbook, but no BB browser icon shows up under the Bridge Tab.
    Now with my Tmo Bberry, I can pair it and tether regularly, but I get the connection error for bridge, even though it shows as paired on the phone.
    maybe it is an OS 6 problem and I need to get another version of the BB OS?
    04-22-11 10:05 PM
    this has been my biggest concern about the Playbook because wifi is not an option for me, if bridge browsing were at least "OK" I would get Playbook but after reading a lot of posts about this I think its best that I hold off for a while & see if it improves
    04-22-11 10:39 PM
    Everything in the Bridge seems to work fine, except the Bridge Browser does not work at all. I get an "MSD Service Unavailable: ulea" error no matter what site i go to. i have a Storm 2 9550 on Verizon using a BES server. Playbook is on version 1710. Any thoughts?
    04-23-11 01:51 AM
    Pretty sure the bridge browser sends the data through the same tunnels as the smartphone, but tethering doesn't. That's why it's slow. It's basically like putting a 7" screen on your blackberry smartphone.
    04-23-11 03:30 AM
    My bridge browser is taking over a minute to load each webpage. I am in the same boat as many of you in that wifi is not an option, I need bridge to work. Hopefully they will be able to speed it up in the next few weeks before my 30 days is up and I return it. Too bad, because it is a great device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 09:27 AM
    My bridge browser is taking over a minute to load each webpage. I am in the same boat as many of you in that wifi is not an option, I need bridge to work. Hopefully they will be able to speed it up in the next few weeks before my 30 days is up and I return it. Too bad, because it is a great device.

Played with a unit yesterday and loved it, but if the bridge/browser is hobbled, that's it for me. No point to a larger screen with phone browser speed. RIM, you're killing my love for BB!
    04-23-11 09:52 AM
    whoa nelly ....this is a revelation (for me). I'm posting this from my Playbook using the browser configuration that C_86 suggested. Bridged and tethered on Telus 3G is working great through the Torch. I disabled flash (i know, cardinal sin) and after the fairly slow main page load on Crackberry.com i tapped forums and i noticed the forums pages load quite briskly through the tether. Here's a tip, when you touch a link just hold it until the menu options pop up and then touch the open link option, you will eliminate some of your frustration for those taps that seem to misfire. I added the forums page to my favourites now as well. Tethering is good. I'll check how the bridge browser performs on the forums page next for comparison.

Ok, done. Couldn't get the forum page to load in a reasonable time using bridge browser, so for now tethering is the only viable option it appears.

On a side note, i got on a high speed wifi to upgrade tetris and NFS, (about 420 MB) in total. It took about 8 minutes. I couldn't get the Crackberry site to load, while all other sites I tried were coming up very quickly, so I will have to repeat the bridge test again, I wonder if Crackberry is experiencing heavier than usual traffic?

OK, repeated the test (again) using the bridge browser one more time: http://forums.crackberry.com took about 2 minutes to load. Pulling up a thread seems a bit quicker, but I can't get any to come up in less than a minute.

Tethering on the other hand seems pretty darn good. I'm going to make use of this for sure.
    Bridge browser can pull up a page, but can't really browse a site. Hopefully that can be corrected.

check here for more info on this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/br...3/#post6263901
    Last edited by BlackStormRising; 04-24-11 at 01:46 PM. Reason: added link to page load time results
    mundo472 likes this.
    04-23-11 11:26 AM
    Black Storm Rising thx for doing that, that rules the Playbook out for me. I can't use wifi. If it were at least as fast as my phone browser while bridging I would grab one today but looks like ill wait & hope it gets improved

04-23-11 01:14 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD