Hello,

Recently received a 32gig playbook for xmas, very happy with it so far! Have it paired with Bold 9900 and was wondering exactly how the bridge browser works. Does it solely just use BIS data on the phone or will it use data also? Current phone plan has unlimited BIS and 1.5gig of data for youtube etc. So when in bridge browser and playing streaming video or inbedded flash stuff will it automatically swap from BIS to data?
    12-26-11 11:04 PM
    when bridge.. its on BIS, no matter u streaming youtube or else.

but if u wanna use the data plan, its called thetering...
    12-27-11 06:46 AM
    when bridge.. its on BIS, no matter u streaming youtube or else.

but if u wanna use the data plan, its called thetering...
    Sorry to dig out old topic.

But here in Indonesia, the BIS plan allows unlimited internet access EXCEPT for streaming of video or making your phone as a modem. Doing so will incure additional charges.

So my question is, when I bridge to my BB phone and stream youtube movies, its still under the BIS unlimited dataplan??

- Charles
    03-06-12 10:31 AM
    anyone?

- Charles
    03-06-12 11:07 PM
    Sorry to dig out old topic.

But here in Indonesia, the BIS plan allows unlimited internet access EXCEPT for streaming of video or making your phone as a modem. Doing so will incure additional charges.

So my question is, when I bridge to my BB phone and stream youtube movies, its still under the BIS unlimited dataplan??

- Charles
    It sounds as though the unlimited BIS data plan(s) explicitly exclude streaming video and modem-use of the smartphone on the unlimited BIS data plan(s). Reading the statements you wrote I have to conclude any video streaming and modem-use will incur additional fees. Best to verify with your wireless carrier.
    03-06-12 11:33 PM
    And my question would be: how would your carrier know what you are downloading?
    03-06-12 11:36 PM
    And my question would be: how would your carrier know what you are downloading?
    All data goes through the blackberry.net APN except for video streaming or tethering which is blocked (I assume). So to enable video streaming or tethering, you will need to use the WAP2 Transport Service book which uses the provider's own APN.

- Charles
    03-07-12 07:50 AM
    from what i read..when u surfing or youtubing on ur playbook use the bridge mode ur playbook will using ur BIS service..not the phone data..
    03-07-12 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD