02-10-13 09:18 PM
- So I have a Playbook and one of the cool things about them is that you can set up your home computer to access the Playbook via wireless even when the Playbook is in standby. I often copy music I want to listen to over to the Playbook from my computer by dragging and dropping while it sits somewhere in the house. Great.
Tonight I'm browsing my Boxee Box (which is a great media streamer BTW) and I notice for the first time my Playbook showing up on SMB shares. Cool! I think, and try to access it. Sure enough, even though it's sitting in the kitchen by itself in standby mode, I can browse all the media I have on it! I was looking at pics and streaming videos I have on the Playbook on my big flat screen. Sweet! No cables required
Last edited by Alphabase; 01-15-12 at 08:58 PM.01-15-12 08:56 PMLike 7
I really should go read the manual or something...01-15-12 09:05 PMLike 1
- WOW! That's so awesome, I never even thought of that!
I was fiddling with a cable and that little HDMI adapter that is finiky and cuts out of you move the playbook too much.
Now I can watch all my Playbook shows wirelessly through the Boxee Box (and control it with one of the Boxee remote apps! )
Thanks for the awesome tip!01-19-12 11:00 PM
- I was wondering if you can supply the information on how you set up and connect to Boxee to streaming directly to the Playbook. I dont want to streaming to the playBook via the Internet. Most of the replies is from Playbook to the Box to the TV and I wanted the other way round.
I have loads of media which i boughtover the years and i am planning to rip them and stroed on hard drives. so the idea is to stream the films to the Playbook which means i can pick and select what i want control Boxee from the Playbook and watch movie from anywhere in my home. the kitchen stream recipes, music movies etc.
gratefully if you can list what you did to achieve the streaming. does it have hiccups?
anyone reading this who done this apprecaite your input too.01-24-12 05:50 AMLike 1
- Wow, it works great. All I had to do was turn on file sharing and wi-fi sharing and I'm watching an episode of Dexter on my 50" screen over wi-fi, without the hassle of a flimsy HDMI connection. I have fast-forwarded and rewinded it and it plays without hiccups.
Many thanks to the OP for pointing this nice feature out. BTW, I agree with you that the Boxee Box is an awesome media streamer. I still haven't found a file it wouldn't play.
Thanks!!01-24-12 07:54 PM
- Just took it one step further. While streaming media to my tv through Boxee Box, I recorded a video with the playbook, and there were no hiccups, it played flawlessly. I then played the recorded video and it was fine too.
Great combo. Too sad I just ordered a second micro HDMI cable from Monoprice.com, although I guess I could still use it when I am not home and don't have my Boxee Box with me.01-24-12 08:16 PM
- 01-25-12 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD