iHi,

I'm hoping this isn't as serious as I think it maybe.

Basically, it was having issues connecting to a wifi network so I restarted it and that was that. The boot screen comes up, showing Blackberry Playbook, screen changes colours as per the norm but it will not boot. I've hard reset it, had it switched off over night to no avail. Do i now own a blackberry brick?

Any help appreciated.

cheers

Paul
    cedricm likes this.
    11-23-12 06:52 PM
    How long did you allow it to sit and run through that open colored bubbles? Did you by any chance move all icons to the dock?

two choices unless some other suggestions come forward.

Call Rim:

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)

--------

Hopefully, you have a backup. All data would be lost. You can try the Debrick.

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    11-23-12 08:19 PM
    I experienced the same identical thing during the same period/time. I still have no boot up. Something smells fishy here.or rimmy would be a better
    word. I would bet good money Rim has slipped up again..and quietly not admitting it.
    11-27-12 02:43 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it started working again all of a sudden after the battery drained out and was left on for a while. it had beem left for well over an hour before i gave up on it amd posted here. Still, it continues to work so all good for now.

cheers
    paul
    11-27-12 04:49 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it started working again all of a sudden after the battery drained out and was left on for a while. it had beem left for well over an hour before i gave up on it amd posted here. Still, it continues to work so all good for now.

cheers
    paul
    Thanks for reporting back and glad it is working again.
    11-27-12 09:14 AM
    Mine is still dead. Will not reboot. Not even able to hard reboot.
    11-30-12 02:46 PM
    Well Folks good news ! I broke down and called RIM. got my Crapbook back working.Took about 2 min to get a tech. Had to give serial # located on bottom near usb plug. ( itsy bitsy tiny numbers) had to go to my Fred Sanford eyeglass drawer to get something to read the smaller than mouse print serial #.
    Essentially the fix was turn off playbook real good. Bring up desktop software. Connect Playbook in off mode. took 2 times to do this before the dialogue came up asking to reset. selected yes. It then proceeded to reload software. I had nothing of value on playbook. A few items I was able to move off couple days ago. This process starts playbook from scratch. Takes about 30 min. You will have to go thru the initial setup all over again. The fist sign of coming back when software downloading is the device will restart and bring up language select screen..then you are on your way. I was on the line with tech during the process so I don't know if she was doing anything on her end. She said if this occurred again I would be able to do this in same manner .
    I really like the Blackberry Crapbook and I hope to get another as money permits.
    11-30-12 09:24 PM
    I would change "crapbook" to calling it the "crackbook" because it is just as addictive as my crackberry!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    12-01-12 08:18 AM
    How did they have you "turn off playbook real good"?
    12-01-12 11:36 AM
    How did they have you "turn off playbook real good"?
    Hence my usual suggestion - go into a dark closet or room and make sure the screen is really off - totally BLACK and not backlit.

(as one recent poster proved - driving over it does not necessarily lead to totally off but maybe busted screen!)
    12-01-12 12:57 PM
    The dark room is a good idea. I usually look at it from a side angle...so as to see if the backlight is still on or not.. When on...there is a hint of screen still lit. screen not as total black as the borders. When you do a normal shut down...it usually takes another 30 sec for the backlight to go out.
    12-01-12 11:22 PM
    You are so dead on ! the Crapberry Crackbook is very addictive. I first got hooked on Crapberry when I had the Bold. I loved the keyboard and the screen was so nice and clear...and terrific sounding phone. Crapberry need to get on the ball and realize that in the smart phone and tablet world, Apps sell. And for Crapberry the killer app will be just that " APPS".Every maker is moving into it's size space now. some folks are amazed at how easily I can carry around a full blown tablet, and not look weird or faddish when I whip it out and pretend to be upscale and hip with my McDonald's $1 coffee. God I've got to hurry and save for a couple more Crackbooks ( 64gb) My other great addiction is the Sony Bloggie Cam with swivel head/lens. and they have discontinued them. found one new at micro center couple months ago had to buy as replacement.
    12-01-12 11:42 PM