I know that the BlackBerry PlayBook has bluetooth, but my question is, is the bluetooth technology on the PlayBook only used for BlackBerry Bridge? Or can you also use it to pair a bluetooth device to send files (songs, pictures, videos,etc.).
    Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 07:21 AM
    I know that the BlackBerry PlayBook has bluetooth, but my question is, is the bluetooth technology on the PlayBook only used for BlackBerry Bridge? Or can you also use it to pair a bluetooth device to send files (songs, pictures, videos,etc.).
    Thanks in advance!

bluetooth mice and keyboards work. Headphones don't.
    05-06-11 07:25 AM
    For file transfers you can use wifi. Just enable file sharing on the playbook.
    05-06-11 07:29 AM
    I mean like to pair with my friends phone or something and send him a song...

05-06-11 08:22 AM
    i understand what you want to do, but i don't think the PB bluetooth can do this.
    05-06-11 08:28 AM
    I mean like to pair with my friends phone or something and send him a song...

only if they have a BB and setup up the bridge function. then you would need to download the song to their BB. you can't just move a file between the phone and the playbook unfortunately.

The easiest would be to email it to them if their mailbox can handle the size
    05-06-11 08:30 AM
    i tried to send a song from my bb to my playbook but on the phone it keeps telling me (failed to find service) what did i do wrong. thanks in advance
    12-29-11 01:46 AM
    i tried to send a song from my bb to my playbook but on the phone it keeps telling me (failed to find service) what did i do wrong. thanks in advance
    You need a 3rd party app (File Browser, Files&Folders) to copy items between the pb and phone. The type of bt support on the pb does not support the direct type of bt transfer most folks are familiar with at this time - there is no "receive via bt" or "send to bt device" protocol.
    12-29-11 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD