Playbook is used for work every day all day. Syncs with my phone very well creating a very optimum mobile office.

Playbook stuck in a no charge state.

Dead enough to not be recognized by a PC or DM.

Googling solutions for a week. Different ways to stack charge. The normal reset button sequences.

I do not wish to open device.

Is my playbook junk now?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    01-28-14 01:22 PM
    Do you have the original power adapter? Because my dad's playbook had the same issue and he fixed it by loading the battery with the original one. Don't use another one because some of them are to week to wake it up from the deeply discarged state. I hope I could help you!
    01-28-14 01:35 PM
    tried several charging tricks with the original charger and a rapid charger. Just keeps on blinking when plugged in.

01-28-14 02:01 PM
    tried several charging tricks with the original charger and a rapid charger. Just keeps on blinking when plugged in.

You saw this?
    My solution for playbook dead battery fix
    01-28-14 02:23 PM
    No go, have a work tech looking at it now. Will have to see what tablet they get me next, probably a Nexus or Ipad mini.

BB is hanging on to my loyalty by Bold 9900 thread. That has the necessary keypad buttons for my gloves though.
    01-28-14 07:33 PM
    01-28-14 08:31 PM
    Sounds like the battery has gone dead for good and you need to replace it. I had the same thing with a 'not working - for parts only' 16gb playbook that I got off eBay and thought I would be able to stack charge it back to life. That and all other resuscitation tricks didn't work so I then picked up a slightly used battery from another eBayer selling PB parts and replaced the original; plugged it into the charger and got the 1 red light followed by the blinking green that signals charging. Once fully charged, I turned it on and this PlayBook still had the original 1.0 OS on it! From the many pictures and a handful of videos in memory, it had been an original store demo unit from launch day at a FutureShop in BC! So there was no surprise as to why the original battery had gone dead.
    01-28-14 11:25 PM
    If it is blink - pause - blink, blink, blink - pause - blink, repeated, I think your PB is toast.

This happened to one of our PlayBooks at home and swapping the motherboard into a PlayBook with charged batteries that booted fine didn't work.
    Last edited by Carterbits; 01-29-14 at 12:35 PM.
    01-29-14 11:27 AM
    If it is blink - pause - blink, blink, blink - pause - blink, repeated, I think you're PB is toast.
    Yup thats it. Darnit and I praised Playbook. Oh well can still rock the oldschool Bold until it dies. Was so nice having that fluid synch with bridge.
    01-29-14 12:26 PM
    Look at this KB article for a blink blink pause sequence solution.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    01-30-14 11:11 AM
    And here is a reference to the user guide.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...t&subCategory=
    01-30-14 11:23 AM
    Yup thats it. Darnit and I praised Playbook. Oh well can still rock the oldschool Bold until it dies. Was so nice having that fluid synch with bridge.
    HI.
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm having exactly the same problem. does this blinking sequence of 5 red blinks the PB is dead? (seems to me to be so... because i have tried various solutions and non worked so far)
    04-21-17 02:26 AM