playbook to big screen issue
When ever I hook up the playbook to a large screen tv I lose a bit of the screen at the edges of the tv as if the playbooks hdmi out is not syncing up correctly. It works ok at 1 to 1 ratio except you lose a lot of sreen real estate. This only happens in the zoom / stretch / fill mode. I've tried different settings and different tv's but I always seem to lose that little bit at the edges?
- CrackBerry User
02-24-2013, 09:16 AM #2
- 54 Posts
Some resolutions work better than others, but it seems that the extreme edges are lost. In computing history, this has always been an issue, even bigger on old screens. PowerPoint and MovieMaker always had settings to show you how much edge you expected to lose if going to a traditional TV. Not sure why new HD screens would still do this (although significantly less loss), but it may have something to do with masking the very edges to keep a cleaner image. TV and movies never use the extreme edge for this reason.Brian
No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.
Current: 64Gb PlayBook, BlackBerry 9850.
- 02-24-2013, 10:03 AM #3
It's an issue that's been around before you were born and no tv manufacturer has fixed it.
Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
On Rogers Service
"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
- By frankzaman in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 0Last Post: 08-28-2011, 04:59 PM
- By mcjohn in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 8Last Post: 08-24-2011, 02:40 PM
- By njnets21 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 6Last Post: 12-01-2008, 07:30 PM
- By Djoker33 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 06-18-2008, 03:31 PM
- By Erik787 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 09-11-2007, 01:55 AM