playbook to big screen issue
When ever I hook up the playbook to a large screen tv I lose a bit of the screen at the edges of the tv as if the playbooks hdmi out is not syncing up correctly. It works ok at 1 to 1 ratio except you lose a lot of sreen real estate. This only happens in the zoom / stretch / fill mode. I've tried different settings and different tv's but I always seem to lose that little bit at the edges?
- CrackBerry User
02-24-13, 09:16 AM #2
- 64 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Some resolutions work better than others, but it seems that the extreme edges are lost. In computing history, this has always been an issue, even bigger on old screens. PowerPoint and MovieMaker always had settings to show you how much edge you expected to lose if going to a traditional TV. Not sure why new HD screens would still do this (although significantly less loss), but it may have something to do with masking the very edges to keep a cleaner image. TV and movies never use the extreme edge for this reason.
Hey, the overscan setting worked! It was set to on so I turned it off and voila good screen ratio. Thanks to everyone who responded and special thanks to CBClistener for overscan tip
- By frankzaman in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 0Last Post: 08-28-11, 04:59 PM
- By mcjohn in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 8Last Post: 08-24-11, 02:40 PM
- By njnets21 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 6Last Post: 12-01-08, 07:30 PM
- By Djoker33 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 06-18-08, 03:31 PM
- By Erik787 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 09-11-07, 01:55 AM