Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By CLTrujillo
  • 4 Post By lcjr
  • 1 Post By Time Lord
  1. CLTrujillo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    PIN
    280CE102
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Cool PlayBook and a Beer!

    I was reading off another fellow BB site and they came out with an interesting featured article. You always hear about restaurants using the iPad for orders, well RIM can also do that. A small restaurant called Beertown Public House in Cambridge Ontario uses PlayBooks as a digital menu that transfers the info to the kitchen for real time orders.

    If you want to read the full article here's the link . Enjoy!

    BlackBerryOS.com - How Beertown Public House In Canada Uses The BlackBerry PlayBook
  2. GreyGhostRos's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I have a cafe around the corner who seem to use Galaxy Tab 7 inch as menu cards ..
  3. tjseaman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,031 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    That's cool. Thanks for sharing.
  4. lcjr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,711 Posts
    PIN
    5032340A
    #4  

    Default

    I like the topic heading "Playbook and a Beer". Prost from Germany, where the beer is better.
  5. Mr_Bunny's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    275 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Homer Simpson's Salute to Beer

  6. mdmullis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    409 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Being German by heritage myself Mullis=Mueller I concor - Prost ! BB PB and Erdinger
  7. Time Lord's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    31 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Real ale for the win!
    tinker2000 likes this.
  8. Superfly_FR's Avatar


    Posts
    12,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,033 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #8  

    Default

    Chimay, Leffe, Grimbergen, Kriek ("sudden death ) ...
    Damm, I'm thirsty now !

    Thanks for sharing. My wife will kill you: it's your fault I went to the fridge (coward I am) !
  9. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    95,774 Posts
    Global Posts
    95,935 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Something must be wrong with me. I'm a lot German but rarely drink beer or any alcohol. But it's good to see the pb being used like this.
  10. Stewartj1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,073 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhostRos View Post
    I have a cafe around the corner who seem to use Galaxy Tab 7 inch as menu cards ..
    Seriously? What a cool idea!

    What's the name of this place?
  11. Stewartj1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,073 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLTrujillo View Post
    I was reading off another fellow BB site and they came out with an interesting featured article. You always hear about restaurants using the iPad for orders, well RIM can also do that. A small restaurant called Beertown Public House in Cambridge Ontario uses PlayBooks as a digital menu that transfers the info to the kitchen for real time orders.

    If you want to read the full article here's the link . Enjoy!

    BlackBerryOS.com - How Beertown Public House In Canada Uses The BlackBerry PlayBook
    What a great idea. Between the size, battery life and how rugged it is - the Playbook is ideal for this job.

    Thanks for sharing that OP.
  12. wscotchmer's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    I'll have to check that out! I live in Cambridge and wasn't aware of this. Thanks for pointing it out.
  13. BlackStormRising's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,237 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,240 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN it on Big Boy
    #13  

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    Chimay, Leffe, Grimbergen, Kriek ("sudden death ) ...
    Damm, I'm thirsty now !

    Thanks for sharing. My wife will kill you: it's your fault I went to the fridge (coward I am) !
    Park for me bitte. Ja, ich bin über 16 Jahr alt.

    Park-Brauerei: Start
  14. todbanner's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,052 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,062 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB6548C
    #14  

    Default

    I'm reading cb on my playbook, watching StarTrek and drinking a beer! What an evening!
  15. phoanyone's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    79 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by todbanner View Post
    I'm reading cb on my playbook, watching StarTrek and drinking a beer! What an evening!
    Forever alone?

    Hey I kid, I kid. Don't take offense, I wish the wife would go out so I can get days like this.
  16. Ben1232's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,822 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Still using pen and paper to the places I go to haha.

    ...another playbook use.
  17. Double_J75's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,505 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    I too am in Cambridge. I am gonna check this out!
  18. Double_J75's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,505 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    So I was just telling my wife that there is a place in town that uses the PB, and we will have to check it out.

    When I told her the name of the place she said " I already told you we should go there!"

    Apprently I do not listen very well
  19. Angus_CB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,191 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,194 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    There is a nerve at the base of your ring finger on your left hand.
    When that nerve gets compressed by a ring, for example, it can cause female voices to become difficult to interpret.
    That's my theory anyway...

Posting Permissions