I have a Playbook OS2. I'm thinking of getting the Verizon BB 9930. What are your opinions of that combination? Can I go online with the playbook through the 9930?

Also for those that has the BB9930: Can I run hospot on that for my laptop? Assuming I paid for the hotspot package.
    02-23-12 03:01 PM
    The combination of the playbook and BB9930 is great. You can bridge to it. Which means you can go online with the phone as well as using it to go online on the PB. You can use the Hot Spot option if you pay for it. I hope thishelps
    02-23-12 03:08 PM
    Yes to everything. PB + 9930 + Verizon has been a great combination for me. I have not used the mobile hotspot feature, but the option is there.
    02-23-12 03:10 PM
    Yes, you are all fine if you go with the combination you have mentioned yourself.
    If you paid for the hotspot then ofcourse you can use it, because you are paying for it.
    I have the 9900 combination and it works like a thousands charm.
    02-23-12 03:11 PM
    I understand all about bridging my 9930 to the playbook. Would tethering it to my Iphone do the same? Can I get on the internet anywhere I have signal for my Iphone by tethering? Do I tethering only in wifi areas?
    02-23-12 03:18 PM
    If you use Tethering, VZW will charge you. If you use Hot Spot, VZW will charge you.
    If you use Bridge, VZW won't charge you.

With Wi-Fi, no issues. Bridge, no issues.

Any other way of getting out on VZW will cost mo' money, mo' money, mo' money.

If you are Grandfathered in on a TRULY Unlimited plan at a fixed price, you are gold, BUT, if you do tether, or use hotspot, the grandfather plan will not apply.

C
    debugy2k likes this.
    02-23-12 03:53 PM
    If you use Tethering, VZW will charge you. If you use Hot Spot, VZW will charge you.
    If you use Bridge, VZW won't charge you.

With Wi-Fi, no issues. Bridge, no issues.

Any other way of getting out on VZW will cost mo' money, mo' money, mo' money.

If you are Grandfathered in on a TRULY Unlimited plan at a fixed price, you are gold, BUT, if you do tether, or use hotspot, the grandfather plan will not apply.

C
    Thanks for the info on Verizon. I thought as much about Wi-Fi and Bridge at no cost, but too bad about tether and hotspot.
    02-23-12 04:11 PM
    I have this exact combo, and a grandfathered unlimited data plan with VZW, so I use the Bridge for internet. VZW tethering is faster but not worth my money to do that, the Bridge speed is fine for when I don't have wifi, especially since the previous update allowed apps to use Bridge data. But I'm really liking the way the native email/calendar/contacts syncs with my gmail account so I don't use the Bridge for that stuff. Great combination I say.
    debugy2k likes this.
    02-23-12 04:16 PM
    thank you everyone!
    02-23-12 05:52 PM
    The combo is great. I am always bridged. Luckily, I am grandfathered with unlimited data.
    02-23-12 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD