- CrackBerry User
- 17 Posts
Playbook battery wont charge via usb
I just got a 64BG playbook, and whilst the device charges fine via the mains charger, i get a notification message saying that the playbook wont charge the battery, despite the laptop being connected to the playbook.
I have tried three different usb leads.
- 11-17-2012, 05:53 AM #2
I get this too. Unless i'm mistaken it came with the 2.1 uprgrade. I think Im mistaken lol
Last edited by BigwhiteUK; 11-17-2012 at 06:45 AM.
9300, 9900, Z10, Z30 . PlayBook 64GB. Nexus 7 v2 Kit Kat
- 11-17-2012, 07:47 AM #3
Try putting into standby when you do that. The screen alone consumes basically as much power as the laptop is able to supply through USB (about 2W) so the message is likely correct. With the screen off, it should be able to charge, but note that it will still be much slower than if you were to use the wall charger, which can manage close to 9W for charging. Expect it to take at least 12h for a full charge via USB on the laptop, even with the screen off.
- 11-17-2012, 11:06 AM #4
You might also consider getting what is termed a CHARGING ONLY CABLE. AT&T shops sell them but you can probably find them elsewhere. It provides a bit more power from a computer usb port. But best to use a wall charger.
- By pvdiamon in forum BlackBerry 7Replies: 7Last Post: 01-30-2012, 08:52 PM
- By skyscraper04 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 21Last Post: 05-10-2011, 08:16 AM
- By Pawlowski in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 11Last Post: 07-23-2009, 03:43 PM
- By KHUCTHUYDU in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 0Last Post: 09-22-2008, 09:33 PM
- By blane64 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 12-20-2007, 12:50 AM