Hello all I bought my wife a 16GB Playbook for her birthday in June. She admittedly doesn't use it that often, but lately has been complaing about bettery issues. She says she'll charge it to 100% and then later in the day 7-8 hours later the battery will be stone dead. Now mind you she shuts it down in between. About a week ago she told me she had it plugged in for about 2-3 hours and the battery did not charge at all. So I plugged it in for 3 hours tonight and the battery meter still said 0% but showed it was charging. The charging cord fell out while I was moving it and it shut down. I plugged it back in for about and hour and now it wont post. The red light will come on for a few about 8-10 seconds, will go out the when the screnn that says "Blackberry playbook" would normally come on it just flashes that screen really quick and then will go totally black. After about 5 seconds the red light will come on and it will start the whole process over again. Any ideas what the problem is and what the resolution to the problem could be?
    08-14-11 11:03 PM
    There's a few.

Was it ever updated? It wouldn't charge when off before the last update.

Video chat will drain the battery if the the user agreement hasn't been accepted.

Try turning it off, start your desktop manager, plug in the playbook using the usb and see if you can force it to update when requested.

Hope this helps.
    08-14-11 11:20 PM
    If frfghtr's suggestions do not work, the unit still has a one year warranty as well as 90 days of tech support from rim:

Rim Support 1-877-644-8405
    08-15-11 12:49 AM
    Accept the user agreement for the video chat.
    08-15-11 01:52 AM
    Accept the user agreement for the video chat.
    i just did this. hopefully it improves my battery life.
    08-15-11 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD