- CrackBerry Genius
- 4,961 Posts
PlayBook battery dead out of box....
Sorry if there's another thread on this but didn't see it. I'm helping my Dad who just got his PB. He has had it plugged in and the battery has not charged and was at 0%. Is this normal?.....
Just got a message that he is at 2% now. I am concerned as there have been many complaints about battery life in general here so was wondering if there are any opinions.
Just got another message that it's up to 10% so looks like it's on track now... only took an hour to get beyond 0% :s This thread can now be deleated as I guess it's a moot point.
Last edited by cjcampbell; 11-20-2012 at 05:09 PM.
- Time Lord
11-20-2012, 05:04 PM #2
- 8,482 Posts
Well, it tends to happen with devices that end up sitting around. Let it fully charge and see how the battery drain is over time.
- CrackBerry Addict
11-20-2012, 06:23 PM #3
- 578 Posts
I bought one at Office Depot a few weeks ago and could not get it to charge at all, even trying the plug and unplug trick 100 times.-------------------------------------------------------------
Experience with Windows, Mac OS, IOS, Palm OS, Android, BlackBerry OS, QNX, Windows Mobile and a variety of other devices.
* Long time reseller of MDaemon® Messaging Server, BlackBerry® Edition
Over 25 years of technology experience.
Background in Avionics, self-taught on computers since the days of MS-DOS 2.0.
- CrackBerry Genius
11-20-2012, 07:41 PM #4
- 1,675 Posts
With stock that has sat around allow battery to fully charged before using it. If battery will not charge after using the tricks available take it back for an exchange. Don't take no for an answer.Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
" please please please stop all the blackberry are liars posts cause it simply is not true" this is the funniest post I have ever seen on CrackBerry.
- By Matthew.Sim86 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 4Last Post: 11-22-2009, 08:57 PM
- By Mark Dixon in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-28-2008, 04:48 PM
- By DMBAdict04 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 9Last Post: 05-30-2008, 12:20 AM
- By Pete6 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 9Last Post: 04-15-2008, 10:32 AM
- By uCRACKmeup in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 20Last Post: 03-31-2008, 10:09 AM