Lately I've been doing small bits and pieces of business work on my PB, just basic note taking and image viewing, but today I decided to completely ignore my pen and paper (but present as back-up ) and join a full 2,5 hour meeting using just the PlayBook.

It's brilliant

First of all, by using Voice Notes, I recorded the whole thing. Crystal clear sound quality, from everyone around the table. My voice (obviously the closest) is not too loud, the guy farthest away is not too soft. Awesome

Secondly, I took some extra notes with Word to go. I'm loving the blue 'cursor', as well as auto-capitalize. It ended up really just like anything I would've written down with a pen, but now actually readable for others as well! I had a few "aahh... I should grab a pen for this remark..."-reflexes (we've been using those round ink-sticks for quite a while now of course!), but quickly typed it down instead.

And finally, switching to BBM for a quick reply to GF ("afk, meeting!" ), getting (bridge-mail) & viewing (adobe reader) an attachment and a quick google check with the bridge browser, it all went like a breeze!

It's where the PB Multitasking really shines. Voice note recording away, bridge browser getting the time to load a page, while I continue note-taking and/or attachment viewing.

So I say again: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...vice-d-622776/
    08-04-11 02:26 PM
    Awesome.that's wat our PB for:y

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 02:30 PM
    Thanks for sharing your story. I haven't used the voice notes on here yet, but think I might give it a go soon.
    08-04-11 02:37 PM
    Hearing your own voice is weird of course
    LewLew23 likes this.
    08-04-11 02:41 PM
    Never thought to voice recording a meeting. Wonderful idea for sending minutes later.

08-04-11 02:51 PM
    hearing your own voice is weird of course
    lol!!!!!!!
    08-04-11 02:56 PM
    I use mine in meetings all the time. I have to write minutes to provide after technical discussions. The voice notes work great. Even works when you're presenting slides.
    08-04-11 02:58 PM
    I just got out of a meeting here at work. I was thinking about bringing my PB but refrained from doing so for some inexplicable reason. I'm gonna have to try it next time.
    Last edited by westcoaststyle; 08-04-11 at 05:43 PM.
    08-04-11 03:09 PM
    I just got out of a meeting here at work. I was thinking about bringing my PB was refrained from doing so for some inexplicable reason. I'm gonna have to try it next time.
    Hah, it's still not considered 'normal' I guess. But its gettin there!
    08-04-11 04:03 PM
    I've used mine in meetings and joined video conferences.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    08-04-11 05:31 PM
    I use it for meetings as well and it rocks! When I decide to let my friends do note taking with it I can tell they're still not used to letting go of the pen/paper. I would like to see a nice note-taking app that incorporates diagrams you're able to draw yourself on the PlayBook.
    08-04-11 06:23 PM

First of all, by using Voice Notes, I recorded the whole thing. Crystal clear sound quality, from everyone around the table. My voice (obviously the closest) is not too loud, the guy farthest away is not too soft. Awesome
    Just a few questions-

Did everyone know they were being recorded? Personally I would hate to have my faux-pas replayed at the Office Christmas party....especially if I wasn't in attendance...

Also - was the keytyping sound disabled?

I also love it at meetings, especially since I can actually be doing something productive instead of listening to the boring proceedings, while everyone thinks I am interested and taking notes- but the other downside is people may assume you are playing and not paying attention....

The VP where I work is messing with his droid phone the entire time and it's hard to have the impression that he is actually paying attention to anything being said at the meeting. He's the VP so he can get away with it, but I doubt I could do the same...
    08-04-11 06:31 PM
    I just got out of a meeting here at work. I was thinking about bringing my PB but refrained from doing so for some inexplicable reason. I'm gonna have to try it next time.
    Maybe you didn't want to appear arrogant and/or be the center of attention? "It's a tool not a toy, really!" "Is that an iPad?"
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    08-04-11 06:33 PM
    I took mine to a class last weekend to take notes. Worked out great. Words to Go was simple and it was easier to type on than I had originally thought.
    08-04-11 07:25 PM
    as soon as school starts in a few days I'm gonna try something like that
    RideRed250 and oneday116 like this.
    08-04-11 07:40 PM
    ive seen lawyers use them during court. taking notes, scheduling next appearances, and referring back to previous documents. im not a lawyer myself, but this would be an ultimate tool. i just use it for leisure and i love it
    08-04-11 08:01 PM

I never thought about that. our boss is usually very absent with minute taking so it would be great to just be able to send her a copy of the meeting in voice and say here is what you missed
    08-04-11 08:02 PM
    great when people share their positive ideas and experences with the PB. side note anyone know of a voice to txt app for the PB?
    LewLew23 likes this.
    08-04-11 08:30 PM
    great when people share their positive ideas and experences with the PB. side note anyone know of a voice to txt app for the PB?
    Now there's an idea - even post meeting it would be great, because listening through the whole meeting for important points would be so time consuming - skimming through a transcript however....especially if it gave you a timestamp for each comment so you could quickly run through and find out who said what if you care. Maybe it could even recognize the voices of the speakers to identify them - speaker 1 speaker 2...
    08-04-11 08:35 PM
    I use mine in meetings everday - works great to organize my notes, tasks, etc... I work in Gov't so its also a great tool to have in meetings so I can pull up the newest copy of policy, find legal cites, view documents, and access my email, etc - this thing really has become indispensable for me and isn't as cumbersome as a laptop... plus everyone's gotten used to the new "gadget" and my boss is considering getting one of her own
    bAAx likes this.
    08-04-11 08:38 PM
    ive seen lawyers use them during court. taking notes, scheduling next appearances, and referring back to previous documents. im not a lawyer myself, but this would be an ultimate tool. i just use it for leisure and i love it
    Imagine that - lawyers without briefcases and huge document bags!
    08-04-11 08:57 PM
    Imagine that - lawyers without briefcases and huge document bags!
    Keep imagining. Tablets are fine for reviewing reference materials, but you still carry documents for several reasons, not the least of which is that paper is immune to software issues or battery concerns.
    08-04-11 09:02 PM
    I, too, think it's incredibly useful for taking notes. I like using outlines so I have copied a blank Word document in outline format over to the Playbook. WordToGo can't seem to create an outline itself but once in there it continues with the format The two tab buttons on the pull-down menu allow you to promote and indent. I think it's a great to organize notes on the fly.
    08-04-11 09:34 PM
    I use an app called MindMaps to take notes on my PB during meetings. Works great.

08-04-11 09:41 PM
    I decided to go paperless for my last and final semester of school. My playbook has worked great for this. Not only was I able to view class powerpoint slides, I was able to write my notes using word to go. I even used the browser to view my textbooks from Coursesmart. once I got hold of the android player I added the android market and installed the Coursesmart android app. loving the playbook and using the android app. Just lent my girlfriend the playbook for a trip to NYC and she just emailed me how much she loves using it as it was something way easier to travel while staying connected. She was able to do everything she wanted and need for her trip. Watch movies on the flight, check her email, creep her Facebook and browse to find places to eat. We for sure are bringing it on our vacation early september.
    08-04-11 10:15 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD