05-05-11 12:16 AM
    saw that that dude was doing pretty well too lol. I was glad to see how smooth the gameplay was.
    05-05-11 12:19 AM
    Awesome video. Looks like they will not be sharing the game with us. That would be a blast to play...
    05-05-11 12:33 AM
    qnx pps ftw
    Help - Eclipse SDK

On Q: QNX Persistent Publish/Subscribe Service, Part I

On Q: QNX Persistent Publish/Subscribe Service, Part II

I'm guessing this is what will be used to interact with and control "intelligent peripherals" in the future.

I've seen beta units go out to various companies/utilities that use qnx to run their systems; so it won't just be used in consumer applications like this.

Its going to be fun to see how this gets used.
    Last edited by T.roy; 05-05-11 at 12:42 AM.
    05-05-11 12:37 AM
    60FPS! Nice! Considering that he mentioned that QIII is open source, maybe there is a chance that the will release it as a free app at some point...
    05-05-11 12:45 AM
    but it wont be in app world anytime soon if at all, so like all good things 'meh' you'd think those people playing would put it on app world and charge money for it because its already developed and lots of people would buy it but i guess they're not that smart.
    05-05-11 12:46 AM
    but it wont be in app world anytime soon if at all, so like all good things 'meh' you'd think those people playing would put it on app world and charge money for it because its already developed and lots of people would buy it but i guess they're not that smart.
    it's not about this app making to the app world or not but think about the big picture when the NDK is out, there are 100s of developers out there who might have already developed apps for POSIX based OSes like OSX, iOS, Linux etc.. what this means is that it would take days if not weeks to port their applications to the Playbook. The performance and hardware are just incredible.
    05-05-11 01:00 AM
    60FPS! Nice! Considering that he mentioned that QIII is open source, maybe there is a chance that the will release it as a free app at some point...
    Only the game engine is open source, the content is not.
    05-05-11 01:15 AM
    i have played both quake 2 and 3 on my android phones and it is a blast. hopefully they release full versions for PB too
    05-05-11 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD