I finally bought my gf a 32gb Playbook after getting to best buy too late on launch day. they had plenty of 16gbs in stock but they said people were snappin the 32gb models up. (and they had only gotten 4 64gb models)

Booted the playbook up, set up was crazy easy. Bridge worked perfectly on at&t (i had my gf download the ota bridge app as soon as the workaround link appeared, even before we had the playbook ha)

This device is awesome. the gesture controls are intuitive and easy to remember of course. (reminds me of the pal pre but the pre was weird and i remember it doing different things at different times)

So, my question is does the playbook have support for bluetooth keyboards. I searched and found old threads where people said it should or was supposed to but no definitive answer.

Thanks
    04-21-11 12:52 PM
    I finally bought my gf a 32gb Playbook after getting to best buy too late on launch day. they had plenty of 16gbs in stock but they said people were snappin the 32gb models up. (and they had only gotten 4 64gb models)

Booted the playbook up, set up was crazy easy. Bridge worked perfectly on at&t (i had my gf download the ota bridge app as soon as the workaround link appeared, even before we had the playbook ha)

This device is awesome. the gesture controls are intuitive and easy to remember of course. (reminds me of the pal pre but the pre was weird and i remember it doing different things at different times)

So, my question is does the playbook have support for bluetooth keyboards. I searched and found old threads where people said it should or was supposed to but no definitive answer.

Thanks
    Yes - it supports bluetooth mouse and keyboard

see here:
    YouTube - BlackBerry PlayBook Bluetooth Control
    Last edited by T_Touch; 04-21-11 at 01:02 PM.
    04-21-11 12:56 PM
    SWEET!

thanks
    04-21-11 01:19 PM
    It doesnt support bluetooth headsets!
    04-21-11 01:20 PM
    that wasnt the question. also why would you need a bluetooth headset?

If it supported BT Headsets haters would say "it supports bluetooth headset but you can make calls from it!"
    04-21-11 01:32 PM
    but then what would you do all day?
    04-21-11 01:43 PM
    that wasnt the question. also why would you need a bluetooth headset?

If it supported BT Headsets haters would say "it supports bluetooth headset but you can make calls from it!"
    ah, what about music? there are headsets (and BT SPEAKERS) for listening to music (or video). THINK, McFLY!!
    04-21-11 01:52 PM
    aaahhh gotcha. Im gonna pull an apple fanboi move here

its not a big deal
    lnichols likes this.
    04-21-11 02:02 PM
    Also works with bluetooth mice by the way. If you hook up a mouse a cursor will appear on the screen. Left click = tap. hold down right click to do gestures for multitasking.

I used it as HTPC to stream the baseball game to the TV. Used a bluetooth keyboard with trackball mouse to control the Playbook while it sat by the TV. Still able to browse the net and everything too.

Don't think this is a documented feature yet though.
    04-21-11 02:21 PM
    I am using my PB with an apple wireless keyboard and mouse. Both work just fine. Really helpful if I plug the PB into my home theatre amp via hdmi then I can sit back and do all my browsing/media/games on the big screen system with surround sound.

One point to remember is when the bluetooth keyboard is connected to the PB, it assumes you want to use that keyboard, not the virtual keyboard on the touchscreen. This means that the virtual keyboard won't come up when the bluetooth keyboard is connected. But this is undoubtedly a design feature and if you would prefer to use the virtual keyboard, just disconnect the bluetooth one.
    04-21-11 02:35 PM
    I am using my PB with an apple wireless keyboard and mouse. Both work just fine. Really helpful if I plug the PB into my home theatre amp via hdmi then I can sit back and do all my browsing/media/games on the big screen system with surround sound.

One point to remember is when the bluetooth keyboard is connected to the PB, it assumes you want to use that keyboard, not the virtual keyboard on the touchscreen. This means that the virtual keyboard won't come up when the bluetooth keyboard is connected. But this is undoubtedly a design feature and if you would prefer to use the virtual keyboard, just disconnect the bluetooth one.
    Are you using the apple magic mouse with your PB? If so, how do you scroll in the browser with the magic mouse? Thanks!
    04-23-11 11:42 AM
    I was hoping someone would post a reply to spoodar's question. Yes the apple magic mouse works fine except I can't get it to scroll on the playbook. If anyone knows the answer, I'd be grateful.
    05-02-11 07:29 PM
    hey man i have the same problem doesnt scroll down wonder if theres like a fix or somthing becuase so far this is cool im doing the same as you but i cant scroll down unless i use my finger to do so which kinda sucks !!
    05-23-11 08:23 PM
    I gave the Apple mouse to my son cuz the damn scroll feature wouldn't work with my PB. I picked up the Logitech 470 Bluetooth mouse. Works beautifully including the scroll wheel. So sweet on my 65" hdtv screen!
    05-23-11 08:40 PM
    Do not get a MS 5000 bluetooth mouse.. They do not work with the PB.

Tim
    05-23-11 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD