CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default PlayBook Available at Amazon.com on June 1

Just noticed that the PlayBook is now officially available for purchase on Amazon.com - there is a pre-sale now for shipping June 1. This is really Amazon.com, not through a third party (mark up) seller that appeared before.

Amazon.com: blackberry playbook Tablet Computers

If anyone was holding out their purchase to buy from Amazon (which has the absolutely best return policy) now is your chance.

Interestingly, there is absolutely no mention of a Kindle app in the rather lengthy product description.
    Thanked by:
    amcgeary (05-19-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Great! Now when are they going to get the good accessories at great prices with prime shipping? I've been waiting for what seems like forever.
    When you want something done right... do it yourself!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

Or make their Kindle app available...sigh.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    526 Global Posts

Maybe this coincides with the upcoming release of the Kindle App! We've heard the end of May before, right?
    Moto V170 -> Moto Q9c -> Curve 8330 -> HTC Hero -> Bold 9650 -> Nexus S 4G -> Bold 9930
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

I try to avoid Amazon.com for big purchases cuz I get raped with the NY tax. I ordered my 32GB from WirelessGiant.com and only paid $9 for shipping.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

What is their return policy for amazon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Banned

I find it suprising they mention it supports "Flash 10.1", when it infact already supports "Flash 10.2" on the latest OS.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts

Here's a more direct link from Amazon direct that links to the exact Playbook (versus a search page!) Thanks OP!

Amazon.com Direct - Blackberry Playbook $499
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
    I try to avoid Amazon.com for big purchases cuz I get raped with the NY tax. I ordered my 32GB from WirelessGiant.com and only paid $9 for shipping.
    You folks all know that even if you don't pay the tax at the time of purchase you have to declare it in April and pay tax then. Right? You know that. You also must know how stupid it is to post in a public forum that you cheat on your taxes. You must know that too. Right? If you didn't know that. I'm telling you. I'm also going to mention that most states now have some pretty great whistleblower rewards. I'm just saying. Sometimes it makes sense to insert a filter between your thoughts and your fingertips hovering over that "post comment" button.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by bmwmpower View Post
    Here's a more direct link from Amazon direct that links to the exact Playbook (versus a search page!) Thanks OP!

Amazon.com Direct - Blackberry Playbook $499
    Thanks. My link should bring up all three options - but maybe it has stuff in there that only makes that work for me.

BTW, I like your name. I'm an M3 E46 vert guy myself.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    421 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbenjamin View Post
    You folks all know that even if you don't pay the tax at the time of purchase you have to declare it in April and pay tax then. Right? You know that. You also must know how stupid it is to post in a public forum that you cheat on your taxes. You must know that too. Right? If you didn't know that. I'm telling you. I'm also going to mention that most states now have some pretty great whistleblower rewards. I'm just saying. Sometimes it makes sense to insert a filter between your thoughts and your fingertips hovering over that "post comment" button.
    That's just not true for all states, even some states that DO have sales tax do not require that you declare that. In my state there is not even a place for you to enter it on the form.
    Banned

Awesome OP!! Good find! just ordered
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts

No prob! glad you liked
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbenjamin View Post
    Yeah I'm not really worried about The Man coming after me over a forum comment......filter not needed :-)