Today, i did a factory reset for my PlayBook using the Desktop manager. When it restarted and i went through setup, at the checking for updates stage, it started updating to OS 2. Now the thing is that i did not sign up for the beta in the past 24 hours, not even the past 48 hours!

Anyone have any insight to why this is happening?

And no I didn't give my PIN to someone else and they entered me for the beta.
    01-02-12 02:49 PM
    Weird, maybe RIM is rolling the update sooner than expected? (lol, dreaming is free) Lets see if it happens to someone else.
    01-02-12 02:54 PM
    im going to plug my playbook in and go check, right now

no updates available
    Last edited by herculesinwyoming; 01-02-12 at 03:22 PM.
    01-02-12 03:19 PM
    Someone else posted about the same thing happening with their PB a few weeks ago. Do a search for it. I don't recall the reason but there where plenty of posts in the thread.
    01-02-12 03:21 PM
    just tried it and it is a no go in the DR... latest ver: 1.0.8.6067
    01-02-12 03:23 PM
    It happened to me when following the factory reset tutorial posted on CrackBerry, you guys are just directly checking for updates.
    01-02-12 04:00 PM
    So tell us, what new native apps did you get?
    01-02-12 04:02 PM
    Or what version of OS2 it's updating too .. ie 2.0.???????
    01-02-12 04:08 PM
    Today, i did a factory reset for my PlayBook using the Desktop manager. When it restarted and i went through setup, at the checking for updates stage, it started updating to OS 2. Now the thing is that i did not sign up for the beta in the past 24 hours, not even the past 48 hours!

Someone else just tried to sign up for the OS2 beta and entered the wrong PIN number, and probably still waiting for the email confirmation.

If you want OS1 on your PB, you will have to wait another 24hrs before it can be restored to factory settings.
    You might want to search in the top right corner for OS2 for your issue.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 01-02-12 at 04:12 PM.
    CanadianThomas and ninepbs like this.
    01-02-12 04:09 PM
    I've just wiped my PB and it didn't work for me.

May as well root it now, all my data has gone from my apps.

I could not back it up, so I copied and pasted all my Docs, Pics & Music to my external HD.
    01-03-12 10:14 AM

It could be as simple as somebody with a similar PIN typing it in wrong when applying for the Beta.
    01-03-12 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD