Remember a year back when TAT used the PlayBook as an interface for an Arduino? See here if you don't: The BlackBerry PlayBook Protects Your Milk from Aliens (Or: Using the BlackBerry PlayBook for Rapid Prototyping) �BlackBerry Developer Blog

I'm wondering if anyone has some advice/experience with using a PlayBook with the Arduino. Reason I ask is because I'm doing a big school project and I would like to use my PlayBook as an interface for a number of controls and gauges such as temperature and a few other things to boot. Using an Arduino would save a lot of headaches, but that all depends on the interface side of things.

Thanks in advance!

-Dieselman89
    11-28-12 10:31 PM
    Tim Neil has built the BatBerry using the Arduino and a PlayBook:

Trying out Arduino � Building the BatBerry
    trinipoco likes this.
    11-28-12 10:47 PM
    Currently there is no bluetooth API for the playbook. It is supposed to be available in BB10. An Arduino with a WIFI shield is probably your best bet and streaming sockets from the playbook to the Arduino. Unfortunately you will need a WIFI access point between the two as AdHoc WIFI networking doesn't work on the Playbook.
    WeAreNotAlone and Herve5 like this.
    11-28-12 11:53 PM
    Oh dear, I had a feeling things would be more complicated than what I need them to be. Unfortunately I can't use wifi and waiting for BB10 is a no go. To top things off, Tim Neil is a pretty busy guy (the last time I contacted him he directed me to QNX, but that was before I had a better understanding of my project).

Does anyone know if there is a better (perhaps easier) way to get (previously mentioned) inputs onto a PlayBook?
    11-29-12 05:35 PM
    Oh dear, I had a feeling things would be more complicated than what I need them to be. Unfortunately I can't use wifi and waiting for BB10 is a no go. To top things off, Tim Neil is a pretty busy guy (the last time I contacted him he directed me to QNX, but that was before I had a better understanding of my project).

Does anyone know if there is a better (perhaps easier) way to get (previously mentioned) inputs onto a PlayBook?
    It would still require WIFI as that is the only way to get data to the playbook wirelessly but you could talk to a Wago 750-341 using MODBUS/TCP. This will allow you to get Analog and Digital I/O as well as serial ports, stepper motor controllers, incremental encoder modules, etc.
    12-03-12 01:21 PM
    Sure would be nice to have some Arduino support in BB10. Picked up the UNO the other day, while most of my work will be done using my laptop, it would be nice to plug into my phone to load Sketches or change variables. I know its been done on the PlayBook. Would like to see it the same functionality on to the Z10?
    05-24-13 11:27 PM