Took my Playbook out of retirement today and am unable to make any new app purchases on the App World. I'm running the latest PB OS. My BB ID and account are all in good standing.

My profile mentions they do not accept Paypal anymore, and I'm asked to change my payment options. However, the payment options list is empty and provides absolutely no other choices . Great job Blackberry for refusing to take my money!

I haven't been following the PB threads lately so I'm wondering if the app store has closed? Tried to reach support at 1-877-644-8405 but was given the runaround. Was directed to a KB article instructing me how to change my email address Are you guys able to purchase any apps at this moment? Anyone care to download a random $0.99 app and share their experience.

Thanks

Loopian
    03-25-14 06:54 PM
    Took my Playbook out of retirement today and am unable to make any new app purchases on the App World. I'm running the latest PB OS. My BB ID and account are all in good standing.

My profile mentions they do not accept Paypal anymore, and I'm asked to change my payment options. However, the payment options list is empty and provides absolutely no other choices . Great job Blackberry for refusing to take my money!

I haven't been following the PB threads lately so I'm wondering if the app store has closed? Tried to reach support at 1-877-644-8405 but was given the runaround. Was directed to a KB article instructing me how to change my email address Are you guys able to purchase any apps at this moment? Anyone care to download a random $0.99 app and share their experience.

Thanks

Loopian
    Hi, at this point, I'm charging mine....now. Do you still have the option to purchase PB apps from your PC thru App World?
    03-25-14 07:06 PM
    Here's the exact message displayed under my profile in the App World when accessed from my PC's Firefox browser.

Current Payment Option Selected:

Current payment method is no longer valid. You must choose another before making purchases.

Change Payment Option To:
    There are no other payment options available for this device

The last successful purchase was in December 2013 - title: The Dark Knight Rises for BlackBerry PlayBook Gameloft inc. - $0.99.

Let me know how it works out for you once your unit is charged.
    03-25-14 07:23 PM
    I just purchase an app from my playbook. No issue at all.

Posted via CB10
    raw_dog likes this.
    03-25-14 07:28 PM
    Ok so my profile must have been messed up after they stopped accepting Paypal.

Found 2 other forum posts describing the same issue, and confirmed by multiple users.

App World Payment Problem - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Error 11000 when trying to buy PB apps - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

No official response by Blackberry on their own "moderated?" forums even after 3 months. I managed to open an incident with the Playbook support line and will be contacted within the next 24 hours.
    03-25-14 08:54 PM
    What is the OS version on your PlayBook? What country are you in? The PayPal loss may be limited to your country.

I was just reading in another thread that the last OS update fixed some BlackBerryWorld payment problems.

This is from a thread in the PlayBook OS forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-918014/

03-25-14 09:34 PM
    I can't connect to the update server for some reason
    03-25-14 09:59 PM
    I bet you're using the same BBID as your BlackBerry 10 device aren't you? I bet you also have a payment method other than PayPal as the default when you purchase apps on your handheld? If so, delete your wi-fi connection on your PB, reboot it, and it should allow you to reselect PayPal. Note that if you change your handheld back to carrier billing or a card, you probably will run into this again.

@kmcooley | Channel: C00219967
    03-25-14 10:05 PM
    Ok so my profile must have been messed up after they stopped accepting Paypal.

Found 2 other forum posts describing the same issue, and confirmed by multiple users.

App World Payment Problem - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Error 11000 when trying to buy PB apps - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

No official response by Blackberry on their own "moderated?" forums even after 3 months. I managed to open an incident with the Playbook support line and will be contacted within the next 24 hours.
    I posted the error 11000 thread. Sorry to hear you're encountering this issue as well.

I've received no follow-up responses. Here's hoping we can figure out an answer here.

(BTW, those support forums are monitored by the user base, not BB).
    03-26-14 06:39 AM
    For those who inquired. My PB is already running OS 2.1.0.1753, I can update apps and download free versions. I'm located in Canada and I've owned the device for over 2 years. The unit has 32 GB of storage and is not LTE. It's a basic 32GB model originally purchased at Staples.

I have a case opened with BB so I'll update everyone as soon as they contact me. Back to my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for now.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-26-14 07:29 AM
    Did you try what I suggested?

03-26-14 10:27 PM
    Did you try what I suggested?

It didn't work for me. Thanks anyways, mscooley. Loopian, any updates on your ticket?
    03-27-14 02:31 PM
    I hadn't bought anything for any of my PBs lately, so decided to test this for you. I just purchased an app thru PayPal just fine.
    I ran into trouble once and realized I had been issued an updated Visa. I had to go into my PayPal account and update the expiration date & then I was fine. Try that & report back.

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    03-27-14 10:25 PM
    Here's the exact message displayed under my profile in the App World when accessed from my PC's Firefox browser.

Current Payment Option Selected:

Current payment method is no longer valid. You must choose another before making purchases.

Change Payment Option To:
    There are no other payment options available for this device

The last successful purchase was in December 2013 - title: The Dark Knight Rises for BlackBerry PlayBook Gameloft inc. - $0.99.

Let me know how it works out for you once your unit is charged.
    My sincere apologies for not checking back on this thread sooner. Having some issues with my Playbook. LOL. I found some small pieces of "rice" attached and it was off the charger(son confessed up to dropping it in water and trying to fix it by storing it in rice for a few hours). At any rate, I mentioned the ordering thru the PC because I had a similar issue with trying to order on my Playbook and had to make some modifications a few months after purchasing my Z last year. I had not used mine since the last update and also had issues with my BBID as suggested by MsCooley (hey lady) which was where I was headed. Been busy since my initial post. But, If I find anything, I'll post a link to the source here. Don't chunk it across the room just yet. (jk).

Posted from my sexy z10 on 10.3 OS
    03-30-14 07:31 AM
    Lol. Hi, man!

03-30-14 11:12 PM
    Today's OS update may fix this issue It says the payment processing system has now been changed.
    03-31-14 08:43 AM
    Just about to post about it. Let us know.

03-31-14 11:20 AM
    I'm able to make App World purchases with PayPal again! I initially received an error 579024 when I tried to purchase an app, but after reauthenticated my PayPal using these steps, purchasing worked again:

Error id:579024 when purchasing app in appworld - BlackBerry Apps

Hope others have similar luck!
    03-31-14 12:26 PM
    Booyah! Glad it worked out v

03-31-14 01:13 PM
    I went to blackberry world just moments ago, and it says you need to update bbworld before Aprill 03 2014. Clicked te link, and page not found :| apparently u cannot download apps unless u update it?
    03-31-14 07:13 PM
    I went to blackberry world just moments ago, and it says you need to update bbworld before Aprill 03 2014. Clicked te link, and page not found :| apparently u cannot download apps unless u update it?
    As stated in another thread, the OS update from today will take care of this.
    03-31-14 07:33 PM
    If you installed the latest PB update, you already have the BB World fix.
    04-01-14 06:46 AM
    If you installed the latest PB update, you already have the BB World fix.
    For all the good it will do you. Playbook Appworld
    04-01-14 08:30 AM
    April Fools!!!!!!

c
    Cynycl likes this.
    04-01-14 08:47 AM
    We have four playbooks in our family and none of them will accept payment from either my husband's Visa or Paypal accounts. There were no problems until October 3rd. I even called Visa and PayPal to ensure the purchases hadn't been blocked, even though I get a PayPal error code. I tried all the fixes above, changed passwords and reauthenticated etc. Anyone having a similar problem. Could BlackBerry have withdrawn the payment system?
    11-14-14 10:58 PM
30 12