I have an application that cannot be installed on the playbook no matter what I try.

I logged in with my wife’s Blackberry ID on the playbook and the app White Noise appears as version 1.0 as an application that can be reinstalled. When I click on the app to enter it, it shows as a version 1.1 that can be reinstalled. When I try to install this application the blue circle spins but the app cannot be installed and the install cannot be cancelled.

I reformatted the playbook and logged in with my Blackberry ID and I show a version 1.1 of the app White Noise that can be installed without any issues.

I have tried to remove the application from the list of apps able to be installed via the website, but even once the app is no longer in the list on the website, it still shows up on the list of items that are currently uninstalled and can be reinstalled.

It seems to me that since this application is currently at 1.0 and the 1.0 version of this app no longer exists, it cannot be installed or updated. If someone knows a way to remove an application from the list of apps you are able to install, even though it no longer exists as an app currently linked to your Blackberry ID, I think this issue would be resolved.

If anyone can offer some assistance it would be greatly appreciated

I cannot post a link since I have not completed 10 posts. Application name is White Noise by Engenuity Corporation
    08-26-14 10:36 AM
    I have an application that cannot be installed on the playbook no matter what I try.

I logged in with my wife�s Blackberry ID on the playbook and the app White Noise appears as version 1.0 as an application that can be reinstalled. When I click on the app to enter it, it shows as a version 1.1 that can be reinstalled. When I try to install this application the blue circle spins but the app cannot be installed and the install cannot be cancelled.

I reformatted the playbook and logged in with my Blackberry ID and I show a version 1.1 of the app White Noise that can be installed without any issues.

I have tried to remove the application from the list of apps able to be installed via the website, but even once the app is no longer in the list on the website, it still shows up on the list of items that are currently uninstalled and can be reinstalled.

It seems to me that since this application is currently at 1.0 and the 1.0 version of this app no longer exists, it cannot be installed or updated. If someone knows a way to remove an application from the list of apps you are able to install, even though it no longer exists as an app currently linked to your Blackberry ID, I think this issue would be resolved.

If anyone can offer some assistance it would be greatly appreciated

I cannot post a link since I have not completed 10 posts. Application name is White Noise by Engenuity Corporation
    Have you try linking to your pc and delete from there? Just go through the folders and look for the app from your pc.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 10:41 AM
    The playbook is currently at home, but I will try this tonight. I feel like I have already tried this, but I will again just to be sure.
    08-26-14 10:46 AM
    No such luck. I even downgraded the OS to 2.1.0.1526 and the app still shows as an uninstalled application and still does not show underneath the applications to choose to remove from on the blackberry world website.
    08-26-14 08:43 PM
    Is that the 1.99 app? There seems to have different version of the same name.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 10:34 PM
    I try to download it seems to be fine. However, I stop on confirming of the purchase.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 10:37 PM
    The app dev is the same people behind the Battery Guru for BlackBerry App. Perhaps you can shoot an email to the dev.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 10:39 PM
    Sorry for the late response, but I reached out to the dev prior to submitting the issue on these forums. Please read the response below

Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 7:16 PM
    Subject: Re: White Noise installation issue

Unfortunately installation problems like that don't involve anything over which I have control. If it doesn't work after a reboot then you probably will have to get assistance from BlackBerry.

Are you running the latest PlayBook OS? It's possible updating would fix this, if you are not. An issue like this was experienced by some users (of various apps) in the past, about 1.5 years ago, but I thought they had fixed that issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.

Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 18:08
    Subject: White Noise installation issue

I am trying to reinstall the application White Noise on my Blackberry Playbook and all I get is the icon that spins. If you are unable to assist with this issue please let me know and I will take it up further with Blackberry. I have waited an entire day and the application installation was still spinning.

Thank you
    08-28-14 06:02 AM