playbook android app help please
hi there everyone just a few question about my new playbook.I'm trying to figure out how i can get some of my favorite games off my samsung galaxy w like mahjong and avatar puzzles.I've looked at the other threads and unfortunately cant make heads or tails of it any additional advice and help would be greatly appreciated cheers tony
- 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM #2
What are you having trouble with? Sideloading the apps or converting them to .bar for sideloading?Click here ---->Lendo's .APK to .BAR Thread <---- Click here
Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.2.*.**** / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.*.****Subscribe to my Channel C0001C3B1 for my latest App Conversions running on my Z10
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-30-2012, 10:57 AM #3
- 148 Posts
First, go to the sideloading sub-forum.
Second, for a fairly decent selection on free (cost) apps already "converted" from apk (android) to bar (apk wrapper for PB), go to Koz's Good eReader site (search CB for link).
Third, for apps already on your Galaxy but not at Koz's, especially the ones that cost, (1) backup the apk to Galaxy's SDcard, (2) upload to Unker's online APK to BAR converter (search CB for link), (3) download BAR to PC, and (4) sideload with Hatax's scripts (or Dauden's DDPBI, or LocalBar2 & a proxy). Caveat: Not all android (v2.3 or lower) apps will work or work well, so YMMV.
Hi lendo & jackpots thanks for the reply,I've had a bit of joy with the Good E Reader website but that's due to the fact the files are already transferred to bar,and there's also great video on there .The thing i'm struggling with is how i get the apk off the app and then store it on my computer to then get it converted to bar,just like to say i'd have been in a whole heap of trouble if this place weren't here so thanks
- CrackBerry Addict
11-30-2012, 03:26 PM #5
- 543 Posts
Get the APK file from your phone
1. Download ES File Explorer from your Google play on your phone. (it is free).
2. Open it up on your phone and click on App Manager (It is the second to last box on the top menu).
3. Find the app you want and hold down the icon unil the Operations menu pops up.
4. Click "Backup"
5. Repeat step 3 and 4 for each app you want.
Put the APK file(s) on your computer
1. Connect your phone to your computer via USB
2. Browse your phone on you computer and look at "/sdcard/backups/apps/" (you may have to turn on "usb storage device" for your computer to recognize your phone.
3. Copy the APK file(s) to your computer
Convert to Bar (my way of doing it on a Mac computer, there are other ways)
1. Visit PlayBook .apk to .bar converter
2. Upload the APK file that you copied to your computer
3. Click the file you uploaded to download it (it will appear after it uploads, under the "Upload APK File" button)
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 for each APK file you copied onto your computer.
Sideload it (again, my way of doing it on a Mac computer, there are other ways)
1. Use Chrome
2. Download this extension: Look for "Playbook App Manager" extension (or use this link)
3. Follow their instructions on screen. If you need help with that, just post and I will sideload an app to refresh my memory on the exact steps.
**Remember to use the converted BAR file on this one. Converting your APK file doesn't overwrite it. The first time I dumbly tried to install the APK file, got fustrated thinking it didn't work, then realized it wasn't the BAR file that I was suppose to use .**
Hope that helps. Converting and Sideloading can be done differently, and I am sure you can backup APK files using different apps, but that is the app I use.
Edit: Also note that not all Android apps will work on the PlayBook. Test it out on your PlayBook and if it doesn't work then you can use that Chrome extension to uninstall the app.
Last edited by BerryClever; 11-30-2012 at 03:49 PM.
- By mk00007 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 13Last Post: 05-16-2012, 09:25 AM
- By ricstorm in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-08-2009, 10:55 PM
- By FobBerry in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-15-2009, 06:46 AM
- By chicagohhrgirl in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 11-24-2008, 12:28 PM
- By Chattownballer in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 4Last Post: 06-11-2008, 01:20 PM