I've read a lot of post in the forums,and I feel pb is an amazing device!But why do people have a bad perpective about the pb.Why complain when you can sideload the apps you want,play games on emulators.Although the google nexus 7 has been launched,I lacks space!What will you do when you don't have space left for storage? The pb is available at the same price with specs which are comparable to the nexus.
    Would like your opinion on the same?
    06-28-12 12:46 PM
    I love my PB because I can bridge and use email, bbm, calendar, notes without physically store them on the PB. The interface is also great if you want to run and switch between apps.

On the downside, although you can sideload Android apps, only a handful of apps are available. A lot of people are complaining about Netflix and Skype are not available. So don't put too high expectation on this or you will be disappointed.
    06-28-12 12:54 PM
    I love the playbook, I am hopeing it won't be the lasted sony beta video recorder. it was better, but people didnt adopt it.

when bb10 comes out on it rim better market the heck out of it. it would nice to have a commercial with the bb10 family PB, touch, and keyboard devices running the same os, and talking with each other using bridge.

on a side note wouldnt it be cool to be able to answer the phone from the pb and use it as a phone. I wonder if they are working on bridging voice too.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-28-12 12:56 PM
    Of course it is. If it had all the apps there would be no question.

Putting troll waders on.
    06-28-12 12:59 PM
    I love the playbook, I am hopeing it won't be the lasted sony beta video recorder. it was better, but people didnt adopt it.

you're referring to sony betamax? the whole vhs vs betamax thing... bm lived on (slightly updated) as BetaCam. it was probably and still is the most popular tv camera brand out there.

i doubt pb will go the betamax route. it would be very nice if it goes the betacam route.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    06-28-12 01:32 PM
    Although the google nexus 7 has been launched,I lacks space!What will you do when you don't have space left for storage? The pb is available at the same price with specs which are comparable to the nexus.
    Would like your opinion on the same?
    I think Google is going to be pushing the cloud so they wanted to take their focus off storage.

The nexus has better specs than the PB and has an app store that is 1000x better.

Don't get me wrong, I like my PB, but we are comparing new tablets with something that launched in April of 2011.
    06-28-12 01:35 PM
    release the PlayBook 2!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    06-28-12 01:59 PM
    I think Google is going to be pushing the cloud so they wanted to take their focus off storage.

The nexus has better specs than the PB and has an app store that is 1000x better.

Don't get me wrong, I like my PB, but we are comparing new tablets with something that launched in April of 2011.
    That's good. As long as the competition focuses on online storage, people will go for the devices like the PB with internal storage. The "cloud" isn't the viable storage method some industry types believes it is. I know how I feel about the "cloud". And I know many others feel the same. I can't bring myself to to buy a device with limited storage when the option for devices with large amounts of internal storage or expandable storage are available. It's one reason I won't consider upgrading my phone to an HTC One X. Devices like the Galaxy S3 and others are available, which don't limit my storage size. Which one I choose, I don't know yet. But I know it will have expandable storage...or large internal storage, which I hope the BB10 devices will have because they are ones I'm also considering.
    06-28-12 03:52 PM
    To answer your question it is simply because alot of people are in love with Apple and their devices. BlackBerry is the competition and they don't like us or what we as loyalists to RIM stand for. The ability to work a 7 inch tablet without millions of apps and get what we want or need done. This threat is hard for them to deal with because we might have $30 worth of apps on our PlayBook and apple users spend a lot more and have to buy a new device every year. Some people will disagree with me and get mad at me because they don't agree.
    That's OKAY I hold no ill feelings towards them. If you are an apple fan and like the ipad that's great.
    Harryl6134 and polytope like this.
    06-28-12 06:46 PM

Specs have never told the story and they never will. There's plenty of past devices and computers with "better specs" that failed to outperform their lower spec counterparts. The OS is as important as the specs, as well as what the OS can do with those "specs". No thanks, I'll take a QNX Neutrino based OS with a dual core, much better front camera, a great rear camera, both capable of 1080p, better memory options, HDMI port, much better UI, etc.....over a quad core android based Nexus any day.
    kbz1960 and androtheandroid like this.
    06-29-12 12:25 AM
    The Playbook is a good device and has a potentially good OS, but there is a lack of cohesion. To have a good front facing camera and no real mainstream app to utilise it is just crazy. No point in having large storage if the system can't play .mkv or acc3. It is all these little gripes that add up in making the Playbook less attractive. A good idea bur poorly executed and managed by RIM.
    Last edited by Opteva; 06-29-12 at 03:50 AM.
    06-29-12 03:12 AM
    Playbook has a great browser but it gets slower each update. Checkerboarding is bad bad bad. It might have a great qnx back end but it's a pretty poor experience sometimes.
    06-29-12 03:43 AM
    the mediaplayer of the bp is the best stock player on any portable mainstream device ive ever seen and it plays MKV just nice, tho it would be really cool to have atleast ac3 and maybe ogg. the last one wouldnt even cost any money.
    06-29-12 03:58 AM
    I have a bb and I feel the pb will make a great companion,although I have the option of buying the nexus 7,but the multitasking,storage,camera,qnx,the ability to run,iOS (soon) as well as android apps,is al so appealing !
    06-29-12 07:39 AM
    I have a bb and I feel the pb will make a great companion,although I have the option of buying the nexus 7,but the multitasking,storage,camera,qnx,the ability to run,iOS (soon) as well as android apps,is al so appealing !
    Where did you get the idea it will run iOS? Yes it was done but apple hasn't approved it and never will.
    06-29-12 07:45 AM
    Well,atleast the apps could be sideloaded,it's just a hope,nothing much.
    06-29-12 07:57 AM
    And the wide host of web application,which the playbook can beautifully play
    06-29-12 09:16 AM
    06-29-12 09:21 AM
    I love my PlayBook. I don't even use the Android App thingy-ma-bobber because the apps aren't that bad anymore. There is a decent selection for me. IMO, the PlayBook also has the best multitasking on any tablet...better than Android and MUCH better than iOS
    06-29-12 10:47 AM
    I've had my issues with my PB, but my question here is, now we know Rim has joined the cast of the Walking Dead, what could that mean for PB's email app next year and support for PB apps? (I expect the market for new apps will shortly dry up.)
    06-29-12 10:51 AM
    However bankrupt rim becomes,nobody can deny what rim has achieved and the security is still the best,they still have the and technology,which means whatever it maybe the technology will still exist,so u shouldn't worry about your emails.
    06-29-12 01:10 PM
    I've had my issues with my PB, but my question here is, now we know Rim has joined the cast of the Walking Dead, what could that mean for PB's email app next year and support for PB apps? (I expect the market for new apps will shortly dry up.)
    In a worst scenario that RIM will abandon the PlayBook, next to it would be the discontinued of Apps development... and whatever our PlayBook have by that time, that would be it... until the hardware worn out... it's like a person dying with cancer... anyway, all abandoned product have the same fate...

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    06-29-12 03:13 PM
    Let's just wait,that all we can do,unless your a developer ,that's stops you at nothing
    06-29-12 10:50 PM
    Let's just wait,that all we can do
    Well that's what RIM would want us to do. Unfortunately not everyone is going to wait. Myself personally I'm in no hurry.
    06-29-12 10:56 PM
    RIM is still doing loads of development. Hardly seems like a dead company
    06-29-12 10:59 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD