I found something interesting, today I was adjusting my Facebook account Settings, and in the Security settings (where you can found your device history, I found this:

Attachment 89809

It looks like WiFi PlayBook is already using RIM servers for web browsing, maybe this can be logical, but I found it interesting, what do you think guys?
    Last edited by luismedina; 07-09-11 at 02:47 AM.
    07-09-11 02:44 AM
    It says nothing about the server.
    07-09-11 05:48 AM
    It says nothing about the server.
    It does, check the Location, It's Waterloo, ON, Canada where RIM Headquarters and servers are there for US and CA users.

I found something interesting, today I was adjusting my Facebook account Settings, and in the Security settings (where you can found your device history, I found this:

Attachment 89809

It looks like WiFi PlayBook is already using RIM servers for web browsing, maybe this can be logical, but I found it interesting, what do you think guys?
    You are sure you don't live in Waterloo, ON, Canada right
    Btw, If that was the Bridge Browser with OS5, OS4 device then yes, It will look like that as you are using your BB Smartphone BIS plan on Bridge.
    If that was WiFi then that's amazing!
    Last edited by M.Rizk; 07-09-11 at 06:09 AM.
    07-09-11 06:06 AM
    Maybe he was at his desk at RIM while on Facebook.
    07-09-11 07:17 AM
    I just checked mine and it came up with Kitchener and Hamiltion as the locations. Not Waterloo and I would guess then not RIM servers.
    07-09-11 07:20 AM
    I suspect that BIS is already running on our PBs. We already know that BBM, the browser and push email can run through our BB phones with just WiFi on....and the cellular radio off.
    07-09-11 07:36 AM

Attachment 89809

How did you connect to FB? Bridge browser, browser, or Facebook app?
    07-09-11 07:44 AM
    I just checked mine and it came up with Kitchener and Hamiltion as the locations. Not Waterloo and I would guess then not RIM servers.
    Kitchener and Waterloo are like twin cities....and Hamilton is less than an hour away. Perhaps RIM has servers in the area?
    07-09-11 08:08 AM
    RIM definitely has a datacenter in there. My suspicion is you were either bridging or the Facebook app is proxying through RIM servers for content.
    07-09-11 08:52 AM
    Pic shows OP using the browser, not the Facebook app. So OP must have been tethering (or bridging) for it to show like that. I just looked at mine - no Canada.
    07-09-11 12:07 PM
    I suspect that BIS is already running on our PBs. We already know that BBM, the browser and push email can run through our BB phones with just WiFi on....and the cellular radio off.
    how do you run bbm without cellular service?
    07-09-11 01:55 PM
    This happens when browsing via the bridge browser, bc then you are indeed utilizing BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 01:56 PM
    how do you run bbm without cellular service?
    BIS runs thru wifi just as it can over the cell network. You still have to have an active BIS account thru your carrier though
    07-09-11 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD