My family is fighting over the Playbook I just got. My son is a long time ipod touch user and he managed to download all his favorite games in a Playbook version. My hubby who has an iphone tells me he's not a gaming person............well he's been playing on it all morning and can't put it down. And I love the fact I can bridge with my 9900 and use it for work email, and then play games in my down time. I wasn't sure my backorder would get filled so I ordered from 2 other stores and those have not shipped. Was going to cancel the other 2 now this one arrived, but honestly, for $199 I think I'll keep all 3 and we can each have our own. Aside from a minor issue playing movies within the NFB app (which I won't use anyway, I just wanted to test it out) this thing is amazing. There are TONS of games and apps, many are free, and I just don't see why anyone would need to spend $519 on the equivalent 16gb ipad.
    11-26-11 01:04 PM
    My family is fighting over the Playbook I just got. My son is a long time ipod touch user and he managed to download all his favorite games in a Playbook version. My hubby who has an iphone tells me he's not a gaming person............well he's been playing on it all morning and can't put it down. And I love the fact I can bridge with my 9900 and use it for work email, and then play games in my down time. I wasn't sure my backorder would get filled so I ordered from 2 other stores and those have not shipped. Was going to cancel the other 2 now this one arrived, but honestly, for $199 I think I'll keep all 3 and we can each have our own. Aside from a minor issue playing movies within the NFB app (which I won't use anyway, I just wanted to test it out) this thing is amazing. There are TONS of games and apps, many are free, and I just don't see why anyone would need to spend $519 on the equivalent 16gb ipad.
    Nice story, glad to hear a family likes their Playbook!
    11-26-11 01:14 PM
    And as they say, the family that "PlayBook" together, stay together...
    11-26-11 01:24 PM
    Thanks for sharing. I'm also enjoying my PlayBook since purchase at launch to this day. It's a very useful device and can be pretty productive as well. The experience will improve even more in February with 2.0. Along the way we should see a surge of new apps coming as they have been the last few weeks.
    11-26-11 05:02 PM
    I own my playbook for about six months now (french user).
    I mainly bought it as an extension of my bb 9700, and i'm using bridge functions every day.

I had tried the first android emulator, and all the 2.0 beta. Each time, i had downgraded after a couple of days to 1.0.7 because of bridge limitations.

Since the .4869 release, bridge is working very well (even in french :=)) and the sideload android apps run faster and smoother.

The playbook is a fantastic tablet, and now is really useable with 2.0 os version.

Some hints for people wondering if they upgrade to 2.0.

- You must do a security wipe before upgrading in the 24 hours after you had registered for beta. Otherwise, many problems (stability, wifi issues, ...) will occur.
    - After installing the .4869 release, you need to make an extra reboot BEFORE launching any android app (you can load them after the .4869 installation end but you have to reboot before running). If not, you will have a lot of errors when you run the android apps, making them unusable.
    - You must backup your data previously (pictures, videos, ..) but WITHOUT the blackberry desktop software. I had saved all the file on my hd with the disk drive that is mounted when you connect the playbook to your PC through USB.
    - You must reinstall every application from the AppWorld (it's very easy to identify them in the uninstalled section).

Crackberry is a very useful source of information. It's a rich community, even if some trolls are trying to explain that the playbookchoice is not a good way comparing to ipad of android tablets. It's a great alternative, and i will never exchange my perfect 9700/PB couple towards iphone/ipad.
    danimalchil and CracklePot like this.
    11-26-11 05:18 PM
    I own my playbook for about six months now (french user).
    I mainly bought it as an extension of my bb 9700, and i'm using bridge functions every day.

I had tried the first android emulator, and all the 2.0 beta. Each time, i had downgraded after a couple of days to 1.0.7 because of bridge limitations.

Since the .4869 release, bridge is working very well (even in french :=)) and the sideload android apps run faster and smoother.

The playbook is a fantastic tablet, and now is really useable with 2.0 os version.

Some hints for people wondering if they upgrade to 2.0.

- You must do a security wipe before upgrading in the 24 hours after you had registered for beta. Otherwise, many problems (stability, wifi issues, ...) will occur.
    - After installing the .4869 release, you need to make an extra reboot BEFORE launching any android app (you can load them after the .4869 installation end but you have to reboot before running). If not, you will have a lot of errors when you run the android apps, making them unusable.
    - You must backup your data previously (pictures, videos, ..) but WITHOUT the blackberry desktop software. I had saved all the file on my hd with the disk drive that is mounted when you connect the playbook to your PC through USB.
    - You must reinstall every application from the AppWorld (it's very easy to identify them in the uninstalled section).

Crackberry is a very useful source of information. It's a rich community, even if some trolls are trying to explain that the playbookchoice is not a good way comparing to ipad of android tablets. It's a great alternative, and i will never exchange my perfect 9700/PB couple towards iphone/ipad.
    wow thanks for the good read. i have a few questions. with os2 beta the camera would not focus, has this been corrected in the updated beta?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 05:35 PM
    I just got my 64GB Playbook on Friday. My 12 year old and 15 year old have not put it down. I cant even get my hands on it and its MINE. I just ordered two 32GB for Christmas for them. Maybe then i can have mine back
    CracklePot likes this.
    11-26-11 05:37 PM
    I love hearing stories where good (Blackberry) triumphs over evil (apple).
    11-26-11 05:45 PM
    Our story revolves around the Video Chat feature. I picked up a Playbook during the last sale. With this sale, we kind of went overboard. Between our gifting and others hopping onboard, both my wife and I now have one, and so do (or will once the RIM store ships, in some cases) my 3 younger brothers and sisters, my parents, and both sets of my wife's parents/step-parents.

That's eight Playbooks for 11 people. The Video Chat is the glue. We love the fact that the app is so intuitive -- rings like a phone, answer it if you're around, no answer if you're not -- and our kids' grandparents love it too! At work, I use it to video chat with the family if I have to work late. Because it's a separate device running on a separate network, I don't have to worry about Skype within the corporate firewall -- nor about whether others are at their computers, have Skype running, or whatever. And, because it's a coat-pocketable or, for my wife, a purse-worthy device, it's easy for us to take along to flip between eBooks and e-mail in the subway, and then have that video phone when we need it. I'm sure there are other ways to do video calling that work for others, but for us, this was so easy to use and so ubiquitous that we actually use it.

We can't wait till they link BBM into Video Chat, which we assume has to happen. We also can't wait until some Subscription VOD service gets up and running, or even a Playbook app from Rogers or Bell. But we're having fun with it now, and even more fun whenever the RIM store ships those extra orders. At $189 (with coupon) plus tax, it was simply a no-brainer.
    Last edited by Disparishun; 11-26-11 at 06:12 PM.
    CracklePot likes this.
    11-26-11 06:08 PM
    I really appreciate posts like this. Thanks for taking the time to share the love.

I totally agree with you about the apps. There's a few on the "wish list" yet, but I haven't had much problem finding most of the apps I've really needed.

My playbook is awesome. In fact, I'd say it has exceeded my expectations.
    11-26-11 06:18 PM
    Where is my post? It is lost.... who and why deleted it ?
    11-26-11 07:12 PM
    Where is my post? It is lost.... who and why deleted it ?
    Looks like the cleanup crew came in - took out all the negativity -including responses to it. Well done.
    11-26-11 07:37 PM
    Excuse you ! ?

What planet are you from?

(oh, right, the ebook apps, NVM)

Im such a pessimist dam
    11-26-11 07:45 PM
    Looks like the cleanup crew came in - took out all the negativity -including responses to it. Well done.
    Doesn't seem fair I was praising Kody's post and criticizing out of contest and negatative OPs, this is getting a bad censorship smell that cuts indiscriminately right and wrong ideas... if this is gonna be so here I quit !
    11-26-11 08:00 PM
    Doesn't seem fair I was praising Kody's post and criticizing out of contest and negatative OPs, this is getting a bad censorship smell that cuts indiscriminately right and wrong ideas... if this is gonna be so here I quit !
    Would you rather cut the cheese ?

No really, i like censorship, it keeps you in line !

Very bad boy
    11-26-11 08:05 PM
    I just got my 64GB Playbook on Friday. My 12 year old and 15 year old have not put it down. I cant even get my hands on it and its MINE. I just ordered two 32GB for Christmas for them. Maybe then i can have mine back
    Nope, by then they will already have their stuff loaded on to it!
    11-26-11 08:13 PM
    I love hearing stories where good (Blackberry) triumphs over evil (apple).
    The war will be won soon, when February of 2012 comes.
    11-26-11 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD