Is there an easy way to get the Playbook to act as a laptop's monitor? When I travel , my 17" laptop doesn't work very well on an airplane - it tends to fight my belly for real estate!

I'd like to hook up a small external monitor & usb keyboard, and stow the laptop under the seat or in the seatback pocket.

If so, this could be the final benefit to make me jump in on a PB.

Thanks,
    Jim

p.s. I found some older threads on this, but was hoping there was a new solution.
    lovemyplaybook likes this.
    01-12-12 02:46 PM
    Hmmm. Remoting MIGHT be the best option for you. There's a few VNC-type solutions that would work.

No matter what, though, putting the laptop in a confined space may leave you with cooling issues.
    01-12-12 02:51 PM
    Is there an easy way to get the Playbook to act as a laptop's monitor? When I travel , my 17" laptop doesn't work very well on an airplane - it tends to fight my belly for real estate!

I'd like to hook up a small external monitor & usb keyboard, and stow the laptop under the seat or in the seatback pocket.

If so, this could be the final benefit to make me jump in on a PB.

Thanks,
    Jim

p.s. I found some older threads on this, but was hoping there was a new solution.
    I don't know your particulars, but you might be better served with a netbook. I never travel with my laptop anymore. I put docs I need to read or work on in a Sugar Sync folder (similar to Dropbox).
    01-12-12 03:38 PM
    There is also the newly released Splashtop. I just purchased and installed it. I am not sure how it works aboard an airline since it requires wifi.
    01-12-12 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD