Thinking of buying a used playbook, but are there any plans in the horizon to make a new one? Just dont want to buy one and then when bb 10 comes out they have a new model and this one is un-spported. Thanks for the help and sorry if its a repost.
    04-17-12 03:31 PM
    I just purchased one today. I think they will be supporting this for awhile, but only RIM knows that for sure. I would hope they would get the OS completely ironed out before moving onto different hardware....but I do believe there has been rumors of a 4g model for awhile, but I'm not sure if it will be the same hardware plus a 4g radio????
    Im going to just enjoy what I have.
    04-17-12 03:36 PM
    And 4g lte model is in the lineup and will release soon.. Otherwise the existing model will be fully compatible with bb10.. Bb10 is very much like the current playbook os.. It's a very large update..

If you have a blackberry handset with 3g then go ahead and take the offer.. Or else you can wait for the 4g/lte model which will ofcourse be higher priced and a while before used are available in the market..
    04-17-12 03:39 PM
    ok great thanks. The $199 pricepoint for a 16gb on best buy is also very tempting for a new one.
    04-17-12 04:19 PM
    Yes, the 199 is a great price. I priced several of them on craigslist, most were 175 or so, and at that price it makes better sense just to go ahead a get a new one. You can check the marketplace on this Site, but they are running around 200 or so but most do included several accessories.
    04-17-12 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD