No only do I see the commercials on TV, but I was at Pearson International Airport in Toronto and there was PlayBook advertising everywhere. Portable, Powerful, PlayBook is starting to get catchy.

I think RIM is smart to target the "jet-set" BlackBerry users.... with an established business base, the PlayBook will really take off with a little good advertising.
    05-18-11 08:35 AM
    Funny how about a month ago, people on this forum were all freaking out because of the lack of advertising, before the device was even released.
    05-18-11 08:40 AM
    No only do I see the commercials on TV, but I was at Pearson International Airport in Toronto and there was PlayBook advertising everywhere. Portable, Powerful, PlayBook is starting to get catchy.

I think RIM is smart to target the "jet-set" BlackBerry users.... with an established business base, the PlayBook will really take off with a little good advertising.
    The Blackberry user is the only person the PB is for right now. The # of people who buy the PB that don't have a blackberry is nominal at best.
    05-18-11 08:46 AM
    The Blackberry user is the only person the PB is for right now. The # of people who buy the PB that don't have a blackberry is nominal at best.
    This may be true now. Hopefully after native e-mail and a few other improvements, this will no longer be the case.

If anyone is at Pearson, have a look around, the advertising is everywhere.
    05-18-11 08:49 AM
    I'm in the nominal group, wife and I both have iPhones, ipod touches, and an iPad. She bought me the Playbook for our anniversary this week, no clue she was going to do that and I had only once mentioned "that looks kinda cool" when I saw it briefly on TV. So far it's pretty neat except the lack of an email app is a huge minus to me but hear that's coming up so that'll be good, and the lack of very many good apps but I'm sure those will get better with time too. The web browsing rocks on it since it has flash, and I love the size of it more than the ipad.
    05-18-11 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD