PlayBook Activation Problem
Hello, I have a brand new playbook and can't activate it.
I'm getting error messages 3001 and 2012.
I downloaded the latest bb software and when I tried to update, downloading module 1 of 1 then after a few secs.
I get this error:
An error has occurred while updating your device's software.
So, I checked AppData\Local\Research In Motion\Application Loader\Cache\
There's winchester.factory_sfi.desktop-126.96.36.1994-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar file with 17mb (my wifi is slow, so its weird that the file is 17mb after a few secs)
So I tried to download manually the 620mb bar file. Replaced the 17mb bar file with 620mb bar file.
I tried to update it again, and the 17mb replaced the 620mb bar file, so I'm having problems updating. Is there a way not for BB Desktop Software to download it again?
I called RIM and told them my serial number, they say I need to update it using desktop. So they didnt mention that my serial is blocked or something.. I'm getting frustrated. My current OS version is 188.8.131.52246.
I have read about the debricking method using cfp, should I load an OS using this? Thanks
Last edited by qwertyasdf; 01-03-13 at 11:57 PM.
- 01-04-13, 12:25 AM #2
They should have been more helpful and explained how to go about it.
Try the Debrick method....
Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.
1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button (check that the screen is really off in a dark closet - you do not want it gray backlit)
2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-04-13, 01:09 AM #4
- 253 Posts
I have encountered problems with activating playbooks a few times.... try this.... When setting date and time... do not choose Automatically Set Date/time. Switch to Manual, and then you should be able to activate
NEED PLAYBOOK REPAIR ADVICE?
Feel free to contact me anytime via PM! I will do my best to help you!
- By BBGun in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-22-08, 10:55 PM
- By mbn66 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 04-11-08, 12:40 PM
- By dburns in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-09-08, 08:43 PM
- By ppcrew in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 3Last Post: 01-21-08, 10:27 PM
- By mlf80 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-01-07, 05:25 PM