So i happend to do security swipe, and my playbook can't activate after user aggremant... What should i do now? Did anyone got any luck fixing it?
    01-24-12 11:52 PM
    If you get stuck and your OS does not finish the update, and you have ruled out any wifi issues..

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.

If that doesn't work...

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile.

Welcome to the forums!

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Also check out the vids in the Blackberry Playbook 101.

Enjoy!
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    01-24-12 11:59 PM
    If you get stuck and your OS does not finish the update, and you have ruled out any wifi issues..

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.

If that doesn't work...

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile.

Welcome to the forums!

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Also check out the vids in the Blackberry Playbook 101.

Enjoy!
    The problem is i tried after shuting down do the update trough the desktop manager, at the 99% it suddenly turns on, and pc says lost connection to the tablet, installation not complete ...

Edit: Your debrick mode doesn't work because in turned on playbook it says "Setup hasn't been completed for the connected BlackBerry Playbook tablet. Disconnect your device and finish setting it up (or complete the setup), then reconnect it...
    Last edited by edvinaslt; 01-25-12 at 07:48 AM.
    01-25-12 07:26 AM
    Sounds like you are not on wifi for the setup.. The Newbie Tips and Tricks would have been a good read..
    But here are more sites for you to read.

Here is the Blackberry Site.... Enter in the search "Playbook error 2012"..

BlackBerry Technical Solution Center

Here is the Playbook User Guide... Go up to page 1..

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...0842&stateId=0
    Last edited by jafobabe; 01-25-12 at 08:48 AM.
    01-25-12 08:31 AM
    Thanks for all the help, but i some how reinstalled factory Soft OLIAAA!
    01-25-12 03:20 PM
    So i happend to do security swipe, and my playbook can't activate after user aggremant... What should i do now? Did anyone got any luck fixing it?
    i have the same situation..
    11-28-12 08:54 PM
    My cousin sent me a blackberry playbook 64GB, but i cannot use it because my tablet could not no activated because of error (2012). PLEASE HELP ME!!! IDK what to do..
    I waited for 7 months for this playbook.. ((
    11-29-12 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD