Hey guys I'm looking for some cheaper alternatives to some Playbook accessories. Has anyone tried the USB cradle charger? I can plug it in to the computer or maybe a usb wall port... Sync Cradle Dock Charger + USB Cable For Blackberry Playbook EA508 | eBay

What are the best bluetooth keyboards? Looking for something small, maybe this Sync Cradle Dock Charger + USB Cable For Blackberry Playbook EA508 | eBay

Anyways, just asking if anyone has tried this, or if anyone has used similar things and can share their views.

thanks

ps. if this thread is too redundant/repetitive, delete it
    12-11-11 04:18 PM
    I can tell you that usb port charging is much slower then the charger that came with the PB.
    12-11-11 04:33 PM
    You get what you pay for; me, I stick with OEM.
    Chaddface and Spencerdl like this.
    12-11-11 04:37 PM
    For chargers and related accessories stay with OEM products for greatest compatibility. For cases and related accessories the field is wide open and you might even buy a couple cases of differing styles depending on your use cases. For stylus and keyboards at this time there are no OEM products in this category. As soon as Bluetooth-enabled smartphone keyboard on my BlackBerry smartphone is available that is all the keyboard I will need unless doing extending typing sessions for research and academic assignments. I ordered a keyboard in a case a while ago from China and am still waiting its arrival.
    12-11-11 04:56 PM
    I bought this keyboard a while back http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bUvbUpU6929528 and it works perfectly. I agree with previous opinions: Stick with OEM for stuff.
    12-11-11 08:45 PM
    +1 +2 +3 I totally agree, GREAT minds think alike
    12-11-11 09:24 PM
    Same here. OEM all the way.
    01-23-12 06:10 PM
    If you can afford to wait, you'll be able to snatch even the OEM accessories at pretty good prices. This is especially true if you're in North America (moreso in the US).
    01-23-12 06:18 PM
    I also agree. Whether it's your phone, tablet, laptop, or any other tech stuff, you should always stick with the OEM charger. I've seen too many examples of a cheap aftermarket charger screwing up an expensive item. Aftermarket cases, mounts, etc are fine. Shop around. You can find some really good deals.
    01-23-12 07:21 PM
    not worth looking stick to oem.
    01-23-12 08:11 PM
    same here, as for charger, like the others have mentioned... I prefer the OEM rapid charger [regular or desktop]. I'd suggests you go check to your local Staples [that's where I bought mine & they were on clearance price for $13.50 for either model, btw I'm in NY]. When I saw they were for only $13.50 each, I figured to just purchased both rapid chargers, the desktop & the regular cable type.

Case wise for my PB I only bought a decent one, but it turns out to be pretty good case & not too expensive, either [it's similar to Blurex brand & Amazon have been selling the same price for $25 all along].

I'm also looking for the Capdase Soft Jacket for PlayBook which I think it's quite neat, the case can stay remain for desktop charging & also comes with a tray/cover adapter that also function as a cover to protect the screen & desktop stand with multi-angle view. Unfortunately I can't find any online store in the US that sells the item, I know that in asia region it's pretty easy to purchase it.

I also purchased the GTMax LCD Screen Protector, again can't beat the price for three screen protector & as with any brand screen protector, sometimes I have to swipe-gesture like twice because of the plastic protective film [I like the original protective screen that came with the PB, but it has the instruction up/down arrows, they should've just left it clear from the factory ].

Then I've purchased three of micro HDMI/type D to HDMI/type A cable, so I can just leave it one in my car trunk, one in the bedroom next to my TV and one in the living room's TV & they all work just fine, no problem at all.

Here's a video link about the

So, I hope with some of the accessories I've listed, purchased & currently using can be of help for anyone looking for PB's essentials add-on.
    Last edited by B_Berry; 01-24-12 at 10:21 PM.
    01-24-12 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD