I just got an FM transmitter that will allow me to connect my Curve phone to it by bluetooth and then transmit that signal to my car stero via an FM signal.
    Works fine.
    I can't seem to get it to work with my Playbook though. The transmitter's manual says the Playbook has to be A2DP compatible in order to work.
    Does anyone know if it is yet?
    09-29-12 02:49 PM
    It is. Try pairing it again. Do did allow discovery? Or is the bt device limited to how many bt pairings it can maintain? Or you might have to DISCONNECT the bt on the Curve so that it can work on the pb.
    09-29-12 03:36 PM
    What? It is? This is news to me. Last I heard it wasn't... but that was months back. I need to read more religiously. How could this have gotten past me? I was thinking this was coming soon, not that it's already here. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try pairing it tomorrow with the new car's bluetooth ready radio.
    09-29-12 10:22 PM
    The Playbook has had A2DP for quite some time now.
    09-29-12 10:53 PM
    The Playbook has had A2DP for quite some time now.
    It does, but not in 2.0, I don't think. You have to get your hands on the 2.1 beta for A2DP, I'm pretty sure.

I could very well be wrong, but I think we'll be seeing the 2.1 release this week.
    09-29-12 11:21 PM
    I thought it came with 2.0
    09-29-12 11:49 PM
    My NON-beta 2.0...... has bt audio - a2dp. For some reason though, the pb canNOT adjust volume on some bt headsets or headphones but can on others. I don't know what standard that would be.
    09-30-12 12:25 AM
    It does, but not in 2.0, I don't think. You have to get your hands on the 2.1 beta for A2DP, I'm pretty sure.

I could very well be wrong, but I think we'll be seeing the 2.1 release this week.
    I'm hoping for a Monday OS 2.1 release. To keep the good news going in the media

Was watching a N4BB interview of a RIM Manager. They guy spoke in the past tense when talking about PB OS 2.1. It seems he thought It had already been released.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-30-12 02:51 AM
    My NON-beta 2.0...... has bt audio - a2dp. For some reason though, the pb canNOT adjust volume on some bt headsets or headphones but can on others. I don't know what standard that would be.
    A2dp is only the audio transfer, avrcp is the remote control profile, the current PB implementation may be less than perfect, or the implementation on the headsets may be flawed.

Gordon
    FF22 likes this.
    09-30-12 06:00 AM
    Works great with Bose soundlink and neutron player....wow is all I can say . Occasionally the volume doesnt work but most of the time it does and the audio transmission is nigh on exceptional.

In fact, its so good that I use it instead of the main yamaha set-up I have.

(2.1.0.840)
    09-30-12 06:39 AM
    I'm hoping for a Monday OS 2.1 release. To keep the good news going in the media

Was watching a N4BB interview of a RIM Manager. They guy spoke in the past tense when talking about PB OS 2.1. It seems he thought It had already been released.
    Sadly, now that does sound like Rim!
    09-30-12 09:49 AM
    A2dp is only the audio transfer, avrcp is the remote control profile, the current PB implementation may be less than perfect, or the implementation on the headsets may be flawed.

Gordon
    Thanks for that additional info. I recall looking for "standards" quite a while ago to see what a2dp was when I was trying to see why the pb did not even support monoaural transmission. My Motorola older S9's support volume control. The newish Logitech bt gateway (not what they call it) does not allow me to control volume.
    09-30-12 09:52 AM
    The current release OS definitely supports A2DP. See the attached printscreen.
    09-30-12 10:21 AM
    The current release OS definitely supports A2DP. See the attached printscreen.
    Good info. I had looked at the properties screens before but too causally. I did not realize that the Properties Screen for bt devices showed their specific qualities.
    09-30-12 11:49 AM

No, A2DP has been on the PB since 2.0.
    10-01-12 01:42 AM
    Been there since beta OS 2.0!! I have been syncing my PB to my stereo system at home since OS 2.0 was available
    10-01-12 07:06 AM
    I found A2DP to be horrible on my playbook. When connected to my wireless media device I have loads of stuttering. Every other device works fine when streaming audio though.
    10-01-12 07:20 AM
    Regardless of whether or not it is there, I cannot get it to work with my device and I get a red blinking light on my device.
    The Playbook does seem to indicate the they are paired.
    10-01-12 07:24 AM
    I had this issue a bit with my motorola setup.

I find that it works best to have the playbook turned on with the bluetooth setting turned on (i'm assuming you already paired it) and then once it it ready, then turn on the bluetooth fm transmitter. BUT make sure your phones bluetooth is off so it doesn't try and steal the connection.

I've had to turn my fm transmitter off and on a few times to get it to work. The wierd part is when its not working, the playbook shows that it is connected and that the sound is not playing out of the speakers and shows bluetooth as the audio.

this is the device i have https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=K9gwo2Yc
    10-01-12 12:22 PM
    I have also found that the playbook A2DP connection with my gateway works the best when my phones bluetooth is off. Sadly I was hoping for volume control in 2.1 but didn't get it. Seems like such a simple option.
    10-08-12 08:27 AM
    So I have 2.1 on my playbook and bought a jambox I can pair my phone with it but playbook won't even recognize the jambox and I made sure the phones bluetooth isn't connected has anybody else a jambox that they are hooking up with success

Jim
    10-16-12 03:27 PM
    The bluetooth on the PlayBook seems to be a little bit hit and miss. I think is has to do with the device you're attaching and the PlayBook itself. I've had some success but more failures with devices trying to sync bluetooth. Maybe someone should start a thread on which devices have and have not worked.
    10-16-12 03:42 PM
    Playbook and A2DP-img_00000010.jpgPlaybook and A2DP-img_00000011.jpgPlaybook and A2DP-img_00000012.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen,

I cannot speak for everyone and the issues people have been having regarding things like volume control etc. What i can say is that the playbook clearly has the capability to do it all. I have just paired my motorola s10-hd headphones. They connnect, the audio works, volume control is available on playbook or on headphones both work. Pause/play button on headphones works. Change song button works. Thank you
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-16-12 04:53 PM
    Recently bought a Logitech Mini Boombox
    (awesome little device with good sound output and 10hrs battery)

Playbook syncs flawlessly.
    Press play on music and it works.

Then randomly pauses every 5-10 secs with a flash on the unit, as though the Playbook is sending a Pause command

Works flawlessly on 9700 and ithingies...

Grr
    12-19-12 10:27 PM
    I'll just thank Bold Until Hybrid Comes for such a thorough post, debunking all the other posters who say those features aren't working on the PB. And as you can see from the screenshots, it is fairly clear and obvious how to set it up.

But when you read posts like this one (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...etwork-758637/), you realize just how difficult it can be for some folks to figure out what the info on the screens is supposed to mean. Here's this guy, sees the "About" screen and wonders why there isn't anything beside the words "Wifi", not realizing it is merely a heading for the information immediately below the heading.

My ex-wife phoned up and couldn't pair her new phone with her smartcar. I showed her how to set it up and all she could say was "gee that was easy". It is easy, when you already know how to do it.

A friend told me his Macbook pro didn't have bluetooth. Was he surprised when I showed him it was there and how to use it.

Makes me think "tech-savvy" should be a required course in high-school.
    12-20-12 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD