Has BlackBerry stopped making the Playbook. I have a warranty claim on one with Office Depot and will be getting my money back because they said it is not being made anymore.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 10:25 AM
    Production of the pb stopped along time ago.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    06-16-13 10:27 AM
    Take the money. If you still like the pb, then consider purchasing a new one ONLINE which is pretty much the only place you will find them.
    06-16-13 10:53 AM
    They still make the 4g lte 1.5 ghz dual core model though don't they?

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-16-13 11:21 AM
    Have you checked at your local building depot?
    Door stops section
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-16-13 11:32 AM
    Just give up on the PlayBook. BlackBerry isn't even being forthright about making BB10 available for it any more. I was a big fan and a believer, I actually have an app in AppWorld for PlayBook, it's free and it now gets less downloads per day than the same paid version for BB10. I just picked up a Nook HD+ this weekend, on sale for $149 for the 9" tab with great resolution and access to Google Play store. It's not the best tablet on the market but the price is incredible for what you get, and I've finally had it with my stale PlayBook and its crashy browser and dead ecosystem.

Personally, I think abandoning the PlayBook was a really bad move for BlackBerry. Now that I'm dipping my toe into Android, it could be the first step towards switching from my Z10 too (although I'm generally satisfied with the Z10 - just a few missing features/apps will make it perfect).

I'm disappointed that they've let this happen but I'm moving on.
    06-16-13 11:37 AM
    Just give up on the PlayBook. BlackBerry isn't even being forthright about making BB10 available for it any more. I was a big fan and a believer, I actually have an app in AppWorld for PlayBook, it's free and it now gets less downloads per day than the same paid version for BB10. I just picked up a Nook HD+ this weekend, on sale for $149 for the 9" tab with great resolution and access to Google Play store. It's not the best tablet on the market but the price is incredible for what you get, and I've finally had it with my stale PlayBook and its crashy browser and dead ecosystem.

Personally, I think abandoning the PlayBook was a really bad move for BlackBerry. Now that I'm dipping my toe into Android, it could be the first step towards switching from my Z10 too (although I'm generally satisfied with the Z10 - just a few missing features/apps will make it perfect).

My Playbooks still work fine! Nothing is less now except bridge. I look forward to BB10 on them eventually. Btw Unity had great sale, so I paid once and installed on Z10 and 2 Playbooks for one purchase per game. Some games were free on Z10 because I had purchased earlier for Playbook.

Playing games is easier ln Playbook.
    06-16-13 12:24 PM

I bought a Nook HD + and I like it. But I still use my PlayBook everyday as I can't do somethings on the Nook that I can on the PlayBook.
    06-16-13 04:47 PM
    I bought a Nook HD + and I like it. But I still use my PlayBook everyday as I can't do somethings on the Nook that I can on the PlayBook.
    I have a nephew that has the Nook before that one. He told me that there were way more apps on my Playbook and wanted to trade me lol.
    I have no idea if this is true or not as I've never touched a Nook.
    06-17-13 02:09 PM