05-21-13 09:09 AM
    I really wonder when the last PlayBook was made... You would think that by now ebay would be the only place you could get one.

I have noticed that the "word" that BB10 isn't coming to the PlayBook has caused the prices to start falling on Ebay and Amazon here in the States (only place you can get one here). Think some buyers that bought out some dead stock from big retailers were hoping that BB10 would increase the value of their "investment". Prices for accessories have also fallen too. Both the Charging Stand and Quick Charger are under $15 now. The regular PlayBook charger is less than $10, which is a really good charge for most any micro USB devices.
    05-21-13 10:18 AM
    seems expensive to me....I paid $99 for my 32gb PB almost two years ago. How old is this technology now? I'm shocked its even still selling....who else is selling 3-4yr old tech?
    05-21-13 10:24 AM
    seems expensive to me....I paid $99 for my 32gb PB almost two years ago. How old is this technology now? I'm shocked its even still selling....who else is selling 3-4yr old tech?
    Interesting observation. Clearly, the tablet was a failure in many ways but remains successful in others. Or they manufactured so damn many, that there are still quite a few out there and for the price - not a bad tablet.
    05-21-13 10:48 AM
    theyre going for �70-�80 on ebay and around �40 for minor faults (os reloads/freezes)
    05-21-13 12:53 PM
    Currys/PC World cut the price from �129 to �99.97 last week when stock levels fell below a certain number. This meant the PB was classed as a clearance item, since no further supplies were coming from BlackBerry. This offer was only 'collect in store' & it seems the only UK store that still has one at Douglas, Isle of Man.
    When you go into a PC World store & play around with similar priced tablets such as Lenovo, Versus,& especially the abysmal HP Slate 7, it really brings it home what a high quality item the PlayBook is.
    aka fusion likes this.
    05-21-13 01:19 PM
    That's it, all gone.
    PlayBook is no longer shown on the PC World website. (Still being sold on Amazon UK but at �160.)
    Glad I got my two (one for Mrs) just in time.
    Look out now for those clearance bargains of cases, chargers, etc!
    05-23-13 04:31 PM
    That's it, all gone.
    PlayBook is no longer shown on the PC World website. (Still being sold on Amazon UK but at �160.)
    Glad I got my two (one for Mrs) just in time.
    Look out now for those clearance bargains of cases, chargers, etc!
    My local store has some of the rapid chargers on offer for 14 and screen covers for 2. Gonna grab a couple of them today.
    I still think the pb is a great device and I picked up a like new one from one of the "cash generator" stores for under 85 this week. That's a present for one of my kids. It's great. 62g so you can load it with music and videos. Happy days.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 05:15 AM