Today I realized that I don't want to have to go connect my PB to my TV HDMI each time I want to watch it on the big screen. I realized that I dont want to store movies and such on it. I also realized that I want to be able to use my PB on my lab for studying and writing document while having the TV available for things like watching TV streams.

So I walked to Future Shop to buy another. This one is permanently connected to the HDMI and is having movies and such dropped over wi-fi to our heart's content.

Surprisingly I had a good experience. The gentleman didn't try to sway me. He mentioned there was an app where all the playbooks could swap files with a flick and each was represented by a colour on the edge haha. I suggested it was a concept but would be cool if it arrived. He said "It's coming!" hahaha, false advertising but on the good side.

There was a woman doing an independent survey of people buying tablets so I said I would do the questionnaire. Through the survey I was made aware of the fact that there were multiple apple employees on the sales team. They blended in quite well as I didn't notice them.

This has been said before on the forum, but this is a ridiculous competitive advantage. It seems that Apple recognized that none of these employees could be trusted to know everything about their product so as to place it in the best light and covered their potential weakness there, Brilliant.

The sales rep also mentioned that they were smart to drop the price for the current model because he has been moving A LOT (his emphasis) of Playbooks since.
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-17-12 03:00 PM
    The ability to "throw" files between playbooks etc is not false advertising! We all saw this demoed a few weeks back and it IS coming!
    03-17-12 03:37 PM
    The ability to "throw" files between playbooks etc is not false advertising! We all saw this demoed a few weeks back and it IS coming!
    Haha I guess it was his assurance that "It's Coming" was what I was referring to. Being that no one knows if it's will come, he made it seem as though it was just around the corner.

Was nice to have a positive experience at Future Shop though
    03-17-12 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD