OK so I had to try it, but I did bring the laptop. Ottawa Ontario, Gatineau Quebec, Brockville, Ontario, Cornwall Ontario 11 presentations to engineering groups ranging from 2 engineers to 16. I used the playbook attached to clients televisions, and projectors. Used my bb 9780 as a remote. Power point presentations, videos and some spread sheet had a few questions of is that a playbook as well as I have a playbook I didn't know you could do that. I met three engineers with playbook that did not know version 2 is available. No one asked if it was an Ipad. The presentations went spectacularly well and It was so great to be able to enter a board room plug in and be up and running in 30 seconds, no waiting for laptop to boot and then try and find projector. Was even better just carry the playbook and leave briefcase in vehicle. I know this is not a very exciting post but I was sure happy. I am going to the west coast for a 10 day trip in April and the laptop will be left at home with splashtop running just in case. Love my Playbook
    03-10-12 09:36 PM
    Sounds good. i'm glad you had a successful trip
    03-10-12 09:43 PM
    Awesome! I may soon be doing the same
    03-10-12 10:03 PM
    It's always nice when technology works well.
    03-10-12 10:07 PM
    Recond one of your presentations. I wanna see!
    03-10-12 10:14 PM
    OP, I think it's a very exciting post. In 4 days you proved what a powerhouse the PB is and you did so in groups of engineers! Bravo! You also illustrated real world, practical uses for those who already have them!

I suspect that those groups you addressed will be able to realize the professional applications of which the Playbook is capable ... plus coupled with BB phones, the versatility and security of this BB/PB team.

Well done!
    03-10-12 10:21 PM
    Good post on flying solo (without laptop). It should encourage others to leave the nest.
    The only thing thats stopping me is that I need my laptop for Skype. A yawner I know, but there it is.
    03-10-12 11:21 PM
    What application on the PB were you using for the presentations?
    03-10-12 11:37 PM
    I found it to be an exciting post. I've been working on aa presentation on pregnancy testing cattle. The PB is making it so easy for me. I too would like to see some clips of your presentation. I would like so ideas of what could be done.
    03-11-12 12:23 AM
    love to see these posts, the PB is amazing... as a University student, I don't really use it to its full potential (presentations and such) but I can definitely appreciate its versatility.
    03-11-12 03:01 AM
    Just recommend the Pb to a person who gives alot of presentations.. 2 pluses are native document advanced support and presentation mode via mini hdmi cable.

Good luck with your 10 day trip..

You can try something new.. If your playbook is idle in presentation mode then you can turn it to have the camera video record the audience so you can use the footage and audience questions/reactions in future presentations!! And all while you carry on with your presentation through the very same device..

You will need to setup showcase mode in general settings and a stand..

You can record yourself giving the presentation!!
    03-11-12 05:59 AM
    I met three engineers with playbook that did not know version 2 is available.
    they what??????
    03-11-12 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD