Ok I understand they are going to offer 3G & 4G models in the future but heres a thought if they have a Wi-fi & cell radio model will they include a LTE radio model, while listening to some recent podcasts if you can crank out insane speeds with LTE that would be the logical choice for playbooks radio, offer it with wi-fi with a LTE, you would have the best Tablet on the market, That would insure RIM could claim the top of the heap because Verizon is going LTE next year and if you can tether the playbook for internet, instead of playing around with slower 3G only speeds you could have it be LTE/3G and wifi. Just my thoughts what do you guys think?
    10-27-10 08:20 PM
    i am sure that will eventually happen but with the LTE market being only in small portion of the US it doesnt seem like a smart thing to do for the first year of the device
    10-27-10 09:02 PM
    i am sure that will eventually happen but with the LTE market being only in small portion of the US it doesnt seem like a smart thing to do for the first year of the device
    VZW is releasing LTE in over 35 cities, covering 100 million subscribers, on 11/15. That's not exactly small. In that one move they will exceed Sprint's 4g (3.5g) foot print and AT&T's 3G foot print. Also VZW has included RIM in the list of device manufacturers that will have a 4 g device out by May 2011.

Not sure if that device is a Playbook, or a Storm 3, or what. Guess we all find out in January at CTIA.
    10-28-10 11:35 AM
    VZW is releasing LTE in over 35 cities, covering 100 million subscribers, on 11/15. That's not exactly small. In that one move they will exceed Sprint's 4g (3.5g) foot print and AT&T's 3G foot print. Also VZW has included RIM in the list of device manufacturers that will have a 4 g device out by May 2011.

Not sure if that device is a Playbook, or a Storm 3, or what. Guess we all find out in January at CTIA.
    Oh hail VZW!!! We shall see what the reality really is.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 07:38 PM
    Oh hail VZW!!! We shall see what the reality really is.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's "All Hail" and don't hate the player hate the game.
    10-30-10 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD