@dieselville,

All of the other tablets were .00 as was the Playbook. Then the rebate changed it to .99. After the rebate ended, the Playbook price (new tag without the rebate) remained at .99 with an end date of 9/4. I haven't had a chance to check the price today. Have you heard anything about the status of Playbooks and promptions?
    09-05-11 06:06 PM
    Majority of items we sell end in .99 cents. I haven't seen many ending in .00, but I know for sure clearance items end in .50... I haven't heard anything on the playbook yet, but I've been off the past week. The HP Touchpad was such a pain in the *** for the past few weeks, I am just now catching up from that.

I've heard the rumors around the web, that Staples will be hosting a 2 day sale, but I have not heard that yet @ work. We aren't typically provided with that information until the day before the promotion starts.

Diesel
    Last edited by dieselville; 09-05-11 at 06:38 PM.
    09-05-11 06:35 PM
    I've heard the rumors around the web, that Staples will be hosting a 2 day sale, but I have not heard that yet @ work. We aren't typically provided with that information until the day before the promotion starts.

Diesel
    Funny thing is that when I search for info on the 50% 2 day sale, all I get is a link to the Crackberry thread and then maybe one or two blogs quoting info from that thread.

First I find http://pbokelly.blogspot.com/2011/09...-50-off-2.html which refers to the thread here. Then I find http://www.techworld.com.au/article/...2&fpid=1&rid=1 with a link to the previous blog. Then the third and final is a ZDNet blog referring to all of the above.

Funny how rumors start.
    Last edited by louzer; 09-05-11 at 08:14 PM.
    09-05-11 08:02 PM
    I could swear I read a preview from some site that reported the current PlayBook is already cell-ready but it is locked away behind software.
    I feel like it�s such an obvious missing piece of hardware (or software), it surely is due to come out any day now. I don�t want to buy a PB at this point until it at least has cellular� I mean, Sprint just bailed on 4G. Com�on Verizon, show a set and drop a PB to pair with the 9930.
    09-05-11 09:01 PM
    I'm not one of those who think RIM will announce a major new tablet product(s). I think they will announce an LTE version with a 2.0 OS (native PIM, Android Apps, you know the list..) which will also be made available to current owners (less the LTE of course).

I think the recent pricing actions are to combat the HP WebOS meltdown which dumped thousands of $99 tablets on the market. Once they're gone I think the market will stabilize.
    Last edited by EchoTango; 09-05-11 at 09:20 PM.
    09-05-11 09:12 PM
    I recently received an ATT warranty brochure explaining how much more smartphone replacement is going to be. I then read the footnotes and exclusions and found that ATT is going to exclude the blackberry playbook and ipads from the new update. Am I missing something.....I thought ATT was not carrying or going to carry the playbook.....
    09-05-11 10:54 PM
    2.0 in september 22
    09-05-11 10:56 PM
    How do you know 22 September?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-05-11 11:09 PM
    2.0 in september 22
    at 2:22 AM.
    09-05-11 11:09 PM
    Well we know they are working on a larger screen version. Maybe they have decided to go with the larger versions only now.
    09-05-11 11:45 PM
    soft shell ($3.50) case
    Where is this?
    09-05-11 11:58 PM
    Well we know they are working on a larger screen version. Maybe they have decided to go with the larger versions only now.
    They were working on larger version(s) of the Playbook...we know that for a fact. But they were rumored to be cancelled to allow RIM to fully invest their time and energy into QNX superphones (good move).

I mean, i don't know. RIM has carved out a little niche and proven that there is a market for the 7" tablet. The 10" market is crowded and very difficult in which to compete.....I doubt there will be a larger model this year... but who knows!
    09-06-11 12:15 AM
    at 2:22 AM.
    Pacific, Central, or Eastern Standard time?

My rep's grandfather (who is vveeeery smart) said it was Mountain time.
    09-06-11 12:17 AM
    Wait till DevCon around Oct18th for some real news....its only a month and a half away. Patience young padwans...
    09-06-11 12:27 AM
    Pacific, Central, or Eastern Standard time?

My rep's grandfather (who is vveeeery smart) said it was Mountain time.
    Wait, (that's rim's watchword anyway) but we are dealing with a Canadian Company and you left out:

Atlantic Standard Time (AST)
    Newfoundland Standard Time (NST)
    09-06-11 08:38 AM
    They were working on larger version(s) of the Playbook...we know that for a fact.
    We do? I must have missed the press release.
    09-06-11 08:54 AM
    We also know that you missed what RIM said back in July.
    09-06-11 09:03 AM
    Not for nothing, but now CB seems to be liquidating most of the PlayBook accessories...skins, covers, screen protectors.

Staples, Best Buy, Sears and more are all clearing PB accessories. I don't know if that's because there's a new model right around the corner, or because it has flopped.
    09-06-11 11:10 AM
93 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD