Isn't is about time to start hearing about a second playbook if it is going to happen? Isn't there about one iPad per year?
    06-02-12 11:44 AM
    Rumored.To come by the end of year. Probably with 3G/4G sim and stronger processor.
    06-02-12 11:52 AM
    Isn't is about time to start hearing about a second playbook if it is going to happen? Isn't there about one iPad per year?
    Try searching the forum
    Last edited by saudadeii; 06-02-12 at 11:58 AM.
    06-02-12 11:53 AM
    Yup.... there is indeed on new Ipad being released every year... but when you sell tens of millions of them you can afforf to.... Playbook is maybe at one million and just over a year old..... yet we will be seeing a new Playbook this year... not too shoddy....
    06-02-12 12:57 PM
    July august...maybe.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    06-02-12 01:18 PM
    You're probably right, but I'm afraid Rim's primary focus is obviously on BB10. They are between a rock and a hard place right now. Many people, like me, are true Blackberry fans, but even though I am eligble for a phone upgrade, I'm not buying because I am holding out for a BB10 device. This is not good for RIM because of their increasing inventory of phone hardware. So the sooner RIM can get the BB10 devices out, the better.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-02-12 02:18 PM
    .....maybe RIM are concentrating on BB10 then once it's out and hopefully successful then maybe PB2 will be next on the list.
    06-02-12 02:27 PM
    the positiv thing about not getting a new device "competion" every year is that your current device will be longer "up to date" (in your OS enviroment)

It would be cool if we could get BB10 on the PB or a few updates over the time.

Still the PB was a big expensive experiment for RIM. On the other hand they have with QNX an OS which is the basement of BB10 so it was probably necessary.

**Best 200 EURO** I ever invested (unless some stocks in the past ^^)

I guess that is one of the problems of RIM. (I wouldn't have bought it for the org. price)
    Time Lord likes this.
    06-02-12 02:33 PM
    RIM needs to take this current PB/BB10 and try to make a compelling case for developers to come aboard. The hardware is good enough for another year atleast. RIM really has something here, the browsing experience is second to none. The gaming experience is excellent, mix in some better productivity apps, and it should sway some to buy the PB.

QNX is a nice OS but i cant help but point out some glaring pitfalls.

1. There is no Bookmark management.
    2. No hold volume button, click,click,click,click,click ugh!
    3. Haptic feedback would be nice
    4. An email review notification so you dont have to open messages just to see what it is.

I could go on, but these are very simple OS features that other OS's already have and have had for years.

I love the hardware it will fit nicely with BB10 line up.
    06-02-12 02:55 PM
    I think there will be a 3/4g one soon. After all the PB is a test bed for BB10 and they need a radio to test also. Or maybe the development device does this for them.
    06-02-12 02:56 PM
    The PlayBook had such solid specs when it came out that it is still on par with most current tablets, hardware-wise. With the exception of the display, the specs are on par with the new iPad and the Galaxy Tab 7 version 2, for instance.

I believe there's a cellular-enabled PB coming that has a incrementally faster processor. That would be the closest to a PB2 that we'll see for now, IMO. Hopefully once BB10 comes to the PB, they'll make a PB10" with BB10
    06-02-12 02:59 PM
    Rumored.To come by the end of year. Probably with 3G/4G sim and stronger processor.

This is not an all new model.
    06-02-12 03:35 PM
    Try searching the forum

Type playbook 2 in the search...nothing related to this. When I created the new post there was no related threads that came up either after I created the title.
    06-02-12 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD