I'm hoping someone here can give me a straight answer...been getting different answers on my question:

Is the Playbook 2 simply an OS update to the existing Playbook or will it be a new device separate from the existing PB?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 02:48 PM
    OS update to existing PlayBook
    peter9477, wrh310 and bbfan1040 like this.
    11-10-11 02:51 PM
    I'm hoping someone here can give me a straight answer...been getting different answers on my question:

Is the Playbook 2 simply an OS update to the existing Playbook or will it be a new device separate from the existing PB?

Thanks.

Just a major update to the current PB..... where we are all hoping to get this and that and that and this .... so many dreams....... this is going to be called PB-OS2.0.

PB 2 (Playbook 2) is a alluring fantasy that beckons the PB lovers and takes them to a distant far away time and place when it shall become a reality .... ya so its gonna be quite sometime before you will see a Playbook 2.
    11-10-11 03:25 PM
    Here is my 2cents. Your question refers to "playbook 2" but it is all in the wording which could lead to the confusion about a new playbook. It is my understanding that "PlayBook OS 1" is being revved to "Tablet OS 2.0" to be released in Feb 2012. Please note that "playbook" will no longer be part of the OS name. So with all that said, it should be pretty clear that the news thus far from RIM has been about an OS upgrade.

However, I would be pretty thrilled for RIM to surprise us all at CES 2012 by announcing a new tablet OS, a new tablet and a new BBX phone. I continue to root for a new playbook but RIM has not indicated such.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    11-10-11 05:23 PM
    Thanks for all the replies...

So basically, I should get the PB..update it in Feb and then just hope and pray they come out with the new and improved PB 2!

bbfan1040 likes this.
    11-10-11 05:51 PM
    Maybe this is it! 4G, HSPA+, and unlocked to boot! Such a deal! Buy one now! Item on sale now! Buy another for the little woman! Remember, 4G and unlocked!!! Did I mention it's for sale? "Listen (insert your name here), what do I have to do to put you in this baby today?"

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/BlackBerry-PlayBook-HSPA-16GB-Wi-Fi-4G-Unlocked-7in-Black-/109025613?_dmpt=US_Tablets&_pcategid=171485&_pcati d=839&_refkw=blackberry+[/URL]
    11-10-11 05:54 PM
    Don't forget the microSD slot! On sale! Whatta I gotta do to make this sale? Tell you what, Lemme talk to the sales manager...I'm on your side, let me sell you this 4G HSPA+ beauty!
    11-10-11 11:49 PM
    11-11-11 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD