I went to my local Sprint store and one of the salespeople said to a woman that they were trying to get rid of all the Playbook's they had so that they could get new ones in? They also took down the promo video that they play on the flat screen. Could this mean 2 is coming soon? And also a couple weeks back I was at a street fair in New York and AT&T had a booth promoting blackberry and there was a poster of the Playbook? weird. I didn't even realize till about a week later. just weird occurences..
    Last edited by sebastianlovestheplaybook; 10-15-11 at 12:07 AM.
    10-15-11 12:05 AM
    possibly the new ones with the updates?? (2.0)
    10-15-11 12:07 AM
    they would do that over the air though..
    10-15-11 12:08 AM
    oh well then back to your speculation it is then i guess?? lol
    10-15-11 12:09 AM
    Yeah, I don't think that the salesguy at Sprint knows what's going on when nobody anywhere else does. It's likely that the PB will get a packaging and marketing refresh (and maybe a3/4G model) but don't expect new hardware.
    10-15-11 12:23 AM
    im not expecting new hardware... im expecting refreshed os. hooppefully android. 3g or 4g. and a white color thats it.
    10-15-11 12:31 AM
    omg a white one would be nice!
    giorgoskyropoulos likes this.
    10-15-11 12:37 AM
    wonder what ever happened to that blue one????
    giorgoskyropoulos likes this.
    10-15-11 12:37 AM
    blackberry likes to stick with what i like to call 'corporate black' which i hate and thats why im looking for a place to give my playbook a paint job white cause theres no housing for the playbook
    10-15-11 12:44 AM
    they will add 3g or 4g capability, but thats it. the rest of the changes will be software.
    10-15-11 09:26 AM
    they will add 3g or 4g capability, but thats it. the rest of the changes will be software.
    Why bohter. I hope RIM isnt that stupid. Why add yet anopther data plan, who in the world doesnt have a cell phone.

Well i guess the only reason would be so that carriers can push the product for them, and get some more money out of us :/
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-15-11 09:36 AM
    All I want from RIM right now is WHITE housing. and more apps. I dont care if we dont get android, but Rovio is being so lazy. They are waiting on the app player so that they dont need to update the software etc. but the app player needs to come sooner. I can live without 3g/4g cause I have mifi on Verizon.
    10-15-11 09:39 AM
    +1 for those that think a "totally new one" will be released in the near future. (1) How long after the unveiling of the PB did it actually come out? (2) I would assume that they'll work on building traction on the current playbook via software updates to make it a viable competitor before deciding scratch such good hardware (yes the PB has potential, RIM just has to step up and use it) to release a newer model...
    10-15-11 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD