Having a little problem, more annoying than anything else. If I try to use a Public WiFi on my PB, I have to turn the bluetooth off on my phone (Torch 9810) in order for the PB to use the Public Internet and not the Bridge Browser. Once I am connected I turn the Bluetooth back on and everything is fine. I read in the documentation for the PB that 2.0 would select Wifi before bridge. Not happening.

Anyone have a solution or similar experience?

Thanks

Bob
    03-25-12 02:51 PM
    I think I saw a thread from a few days ago where someone was having the same problem. Not sure if they sovled it. A small fix may be required.

Glad you found a workaround though
    03-25-12 02:59 PM
    I am glad you found the work around on your own. At the moment there is no other solution than the one you are using.
    03-25-12 03:04 PM
    The big problem with this is that you can end up running up a MASSIVE phone bill due to exceeding your phones data charges. It happened with me whilst I was away in France. I'm thinking I am downloading data via the hotels free wi-fi, but I'm actually building up a huge bill for using too much data whilst roaming.

It is crucial that this is fixed urgently as it is very worrying that some people won't realize that it is going on.
    03-25-12 06:59 PM
    The big problem with this is that you can end up running up a MASSIVE phone bill due to exceeding your phones data charges. It happened with me whilst I was away in France. I'm thinking I am downloading data via the hotels free wi-fi, but I'm actually building up a huge bill for using too much data whilst roaming.

It is crucial that this is fixed urgently as it is very worrying that some people won't realize that it is going on.

Discovered it when my download speed was very slow. Something I noticed is a red asterisk next to the WiFi indicator. That is how I knew I was not on Wifi. Additionally, the Wifi site wouldn't go to the log-in page.

Must have been frustrating for you. I know how expensive foreign data usage charges are!!
    03-25-12 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD