I read an article here from Jakarta Post, It was suggesting the Playbook 2.0 Is not only an OS update to Playbook, but it was suggesting that they will introduce new Playbook 2.0 Devices.. Hmm

" Indefinite launch of new devices may affect RIM Indonesian market
    Mariel Grazella, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Sat, 01/07/2012 10:22 AM
    A | A | A |

Although the BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0 is slated for release this February, its manufacturer, Research in Motion (RIM), is yet to confirm when the device will actually enter the Indonesian market.

David J. Smith, senior vice president of BlackBerry PlayBook, announced in an official blog post in October that RIM had decided to postpone the release of the device to ensure that �the expectation of developers, enterprise customers and end-users� were met.

However, past experiences show that there is usually a gap between the official launch of a product with when the device actually hits the domestic market. The first version of the PlayBook was released for the US market in April 2011 but only entered Indonesia in July.

�We haven�t announced any formal timing at the moment,� Oliver Pilgerstorfer, RIM senior PR manager for Southeast Asia, told The Jakarta Post. "

Indefinite launch of new devices may affect RIM Indonesian market | The Jakarta Post
    01-07-12 12:21 AM
    I think the only new devices will the the 3g/4g PlayBook, with maybe some minor tweaks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-12 12:29 AM
    well hopefully there are nothing change in processor and ram...
    01-07-12 12:31 AM
    There has been nothing official said about new hardware, so any talk of that is speculation. Generally anything you've read about "PlayBook 2.0" is referring to the new OS, which if nothing else is not tied to new hardware: all existing PlayBooks will get the update for free.

If there is new hardware, I don't expect we'll see it called 2.0 as it is likely to be merely a small bump in some specs (e.g. maybe more RAM, slightly faster CPU, etc), unless we're talking the rumoured 10" model, which is unlikely to be released any time soon.
    01-07-12 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD