Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CB.Mike-D
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is This Playbook 2.0!?!

Just picked up a copy of Best Buys new mobile phone catalogue and when I got to the section on Blackberry's I saw a weird picture of the Playbook, I even had to grab mine and take a second look!!!

- Notice the search icon in the top right!

- Also a few of the icons are a little different, look at the videos and pictures icon (different colours?)

- And last but not least look at the (I have no idea what to call them) top tabs, it reads All/Games/Media/Social/and Favorites!!! Does this mean we will be able to re-arrange them and even have added new ones like social!!!

So what do you guys think is it what the new OS could bring or just a picture with added features just to get people interested ?

P.S. 2.0 YOU BETTER HAVE FOLDERS AND THE ABILITY TO HIDE ICONS!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is This Playbook 2.0!?!-img00049-20110915-1222.jpg  
    You Just Wasted 5 Seconds Of Your Life Reading This Signature, How Do You Feel ???
    Thanked by 2:
    dakid2k6 (09-15-2011),  MPLexus301 (09-15-2011) 
    Angelo_Campher likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Also sorry for the grainy picture, it was taken with my 3.2MP Storm
    You Just Wasted 5 Seconds Of Your Life Reading This Signature, How Do You Feel ???
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

Link or photo?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

might be...or another skype bait and switch move
    CrackBerry Abuser

Looks pretty legit.
    CrackBerry User

indeed can be the 2.0 even with native calender and contacts or they are from briging
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
    Link or photo?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry couldn't get the picture to upload, its all good now!
    CrackBerry Addict

That's a very old screenshot of the Playbook. Far more old than new. Look at old videos of the pre-production software and it looks almost identical.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    19,299 Global Posts

If you do a Google image search for Playbook, you'll find that picture floating around a number of places. That was a pre-release mockup.
    Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter? - Checkout Planet Loser on Channel C003DAB77

Curve 8330 4.5.0.131 -> Bold 9650 6.0.0.706 --> Qued 10 - Plus not one but two totally awesome (albeit extinct) kickin' Playbooks
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by louzer View Post
    If you do a Google image search for Playbook, you'll find that picture floating around a number of places. That was a pre-release mockup.
    See this is why I try to leave rumors and speculations for other people to get wrong lol!
    But I picked this catalogue up today and just assumed it was a new picture!

Sorry Crackberry for another bad thread, my bad!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts

i just we don't loose our ability to bridge because that would tick me off big time. only reason i went with this is I wouldn't have to pay yet another dang data plan. anybody think that will happen let me know so i can return mine now because my time period runs out in 2 weeks
    Banned

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

now where is image of the pb with skype..

don't believe anything until you see it.

Global Posts
    7,571 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qingyuank View Post
    now where is image of the pb with skype..

don't believe anything until you see it.

Here it is!
    CrackBerry Addict

I've seen yesterday playbook os 2.0 in action (RIM employee) at blackberry dev meeting. And the picture OP shows, is definitly not os 2.0

I've just seen it for some seconds, but there were no folders like All-Games-Bridge,... The whole theme seems very similar to OS 1.0, but more simple and not that much decoration.

I'ver seen no facebook, twitter, skype on it, but there was definitly a newer version of slides to go (with possibility to edit) and some android apps!

Sorry I made no pics to share!

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

If you look for just about any of the September 2010 images, when it was first announced, you'll see the same image there.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by dfb8085 View Post
    i just we don't loose our ability to bridge because that would tick me off big time. only reason i went with this is I wouldn't have to pay yet another dang data plan. anybody think that will happen let me know so i can return mine now because my time period runs out in 2 weeks
    tht won't happen. ever.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by habicht View Post
    I've seen yesterday playbook os 2.0 in action (RIM employee) at blackberry dev meeting. And the picture OP shows, is definitly not os 2.0

I've just seen it for some seconds, but there were no folders like All-Games-Bridge,... The whole theme seems very similar to OS 1.0, but more simple and not that much decoration.

I'ver seen no facebook, twitter, skype on it, but there was definitly a newer version of slides to go (with possibility to edit) and some android apps!

Sorry I made no pics to share!
    you mean they taking away option to bridge. i need it for internet access. i don't care if they put native apps on it or not i still need it for connecting to torch to get on the internet. guess i want be upgrading to 2.0 . Its always something causing grief
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

Bridge is the usp of the playbook... i can't imagine it being removed.

the employee guy said that the home screen pane wasn't showing, let's not cause unneccessary hysteria here...

No, they are merely taking away the separate tabs for All-Games-Bridge, etc. The ability is still there, the icons are just arranged differently.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Sorry, I limit to friends.

Okay, so just to re-confirm, with 2.0, will Bridge still work with other apps aside from BBM, email, browser etc? Right now you can use it to run other apps, and I was wondering if anyone knew if this would still work with 2.0.
    ~Laura~

Quote Originally Posted by laurah2215 View Post
    Okay, so just to re-confirm, with 2.0, will Bridge still work with other apps aside from BBM, email, browser etc? Right now you can use it to run other apps, and I was wondering if anyone knew if this would still work with 2.0.
    There is a new thread by someone who claims to have actually used it. But what it will or will not contain would be purely speculation. Even in that thread, the poster mentions that rim is still trying to decide what would be included/excluded.