the local office depot has the 16g playbook on sale for 160. I have a ipad 3 and it works fine, but my daughter has liberated it from me when she is here. Why should I get the playbook for so cheap? netflix? others? I would be getting it for my kids. What do y'all think?
    10-21-12 11:22 PM
    LOL...netflix.

Unless a lot of things have changed since the several months I have left this forum Netflix is not working or neither available on the Playbook. I don't think the playbook would be a great tablet if it is for children. There just isn't a large amount of apps, free apps. By apps I mean games. To people say there are a good amount of games. They usually all range from $3-8. But if they want to use it for media, internet then I could say its an okay deal.
    10-21-12 11:43 PM
    Good for many things but no netflix. Since I don't play games and you dont say how old they are can't comment on that but the app store seems to have a lot of games now. I still have my 64GB Playbook and use it more than the Nexus. I'll buy another at that price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    10-22-12 12:47 AM
    LOL...netflix.

Unless a lot of things have changed since the several months I have left this forum Netflix is not working or neither available on the Playbook. I don't think the playbook would be a great tablet if it is for children. There just isn't a large amount of apps, free apps. By apps I mean games. To people say there are a good amount of games. They usually all range from $3-8. But if they want to use it for media, internet then I could say its an okay deal.
    Have to disagree with your not great for kids comment. When the 32GB PlayBooks went on sale here recently (for $118) I picked up 2 and the wife and I gave our 16GB models to our 4 and 6 year old kids. They use them all the time. I haven't paid for one application for them yet.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-22-12 03:47 AM
    Don't buy the Playbook its not for you because unlike ipads you actually have to do things here and BlackBerry doesn't have as many apps. I suggest the new Ipad. The $800 one I believe your daughter would like it and it's more expensive therefore it must be better. Ipad has more apps.for children so Parents don't have to spend time raising children. Ipad is what you need.
    10-22-12 12:32 PM
    Yay!! Got my third 64G Playbook!! This time bundle with keyboard/case and rapid travel charger for the price of $319.99 at Best Buy. (Not available online, only a few stores around Toronto or GTA) . Essentially I'm getting the rapid travel charger for free. Sweet! I know I'm giving away one to my nephew who is a fan of Playbook. Two people who were there show slight interest, however, I did not push for them to purchase. I think they should do their own research to know if it's for them. The two sales associates were pretty knowledgeable about the device and did not try to sell them them other brands, rather answering the questions the customers have about the Playbook.
    10-22-12 12:56 PM
    Don't buy the Playbook its not for you because unlike ipads you actually have to do things here and BlackBerry doesn't have as many apps. I suggest the new Ipad. The $800 one I believe your daughter would like it and it's more expensive therefore it must be better. Ipad has more apps.for children so Parents don't have to spend time raising children. Ipad is what you need.
    I hear ya master madman and its your breath by why waste it on this obvious fishing thread.
    10-22-12 01:02 PM
    Have to disagree with your not great for kids comment. When the 32GB PlayBooks went on sale here recently (for $118) I picked up 2 and the wife and I gave our 16GB models to our 4 and 6 year old kids. They use them all the time. I haven't paid for one application for them yet.
    No offence but no child should be using a tablet computer or smartphone or even a desktop/notebook computer until the age of 10. They should be reading books printed on paper, playing board games and card games with the exception of gambling, and they should be playing outdoors because contrary to your neighbourhood gossip there is minimal chance your child is going to encounter a paedophile outside of your own family. < sarcasm > Children are stupid enough and fat enough and unable to organize themselves without adult oversight; are you preparing them for the ovens? < /sarcasm >
    10-22-12 01:13 PM
    I want to know where you found a 32GB for $118...I would snatch that up in a heart beat!
    10-22-12 01:34 PM
    iLOL'd.

Well played!
    madman0141 and bungaboy like this.
    10-22-12 01:35 PM
    Walmart had the 32gb for 118.00 lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-22-12 01:37 PM
    I play games with my grandkids on my pb all the time. They love The Game of Life and my grandson loves the fire breathing dragon in Burn the City. While I don't give them my Playbook to use on their own, we use it together and have a great time. Only you can decide if the Playbook is for you.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-22-12 01:40 PM
    I hear ya master madman and its your breath by why waste it on this obvious fishing thread.
    True that brother but threads like this allow me to slap people
    10-22-12 02:06 PM
    Can we start selling t-shirts with this post on it???????
    bungaboy and madman0141 like this.
    10-22-12 02:48 PM
    Can we start selling t-shirts with this post on it???????
    Sounds good to me let's do it.
    bungaboy and DC506 like this.
    10-22-12 04:37 PM
    [QUOTEe. Why should I get the playbook for so cheap? netflix? others? I would be getting it for my kids. What do y'all think?[/QUOTE]

How would I know?

Let me give you a clue for free.

There are dozens of reviews of the Playbook on the Internet. There are thousands of posts regarding the Playbook on this site.

Get off your arse and figure it out for yourself with the above free resources.
    10-22-12 06:34 PM