I signed on a a new member so that I could relay some info that I discovered while scouring the internet for the best deals on the Playbook. I normally would not order from Buy.com since I don't know much about them, but they offer the 16 gb Playbook for $199.00 with free shipping; now, if you sign up for a new Chase credit card that they are offering, you will instantly get a $75.00 credit on your first purchase using the card. In short, your first bill on the Chase card will be $125.00 reflecting the purchase of the Playbook. I didn't have a need for another credit card, but I did sign up seeing as I was not using my money at the moment, and the security of knowing that if there is an issue with this transaction, I have the benefits of protection. As soon as I get the Playbook, as well as the bill, I will pay off the account balance of $125.00 and just cancel the card. Hope this "best deal" find helps those thinking about a Playbook.
    11-21-11 07:34 AM
    I have bought from buy.com before with no issues. You got a steal!!!
    11-21-11 07:42 AM
    yes you got a steal..and also a nice little hit on your credit report. opening new cards and closing them as soon as you get the chance is never good for your score, but if your not worried about your credit score then sure go for it.
    11-21-11 07:47 AM
    It's currently unavailable there now.
    11-21-11 07:49 AM
    yes you got a steal..and also a nice little hit on your credit report. opening new cards and closing them as soon as you get the chance is never good for your score, but if your not worried about your credit score then sure go for it.
    Yes, that may be true, but my FICO is 835, so I'm not worried about taking a "hit".
    11-21-11 07:51 AM
    It's currently unavailable there now.
    No surprise; New Egg had them for $199.00 yesterday, and I waited, and they were sold out by 3PM. I saw the buy.com offering at 2 AM this morning, and jumped on it, and received an order confirmation. I'll give them a call when they open up in California to make sure.
    11-21-11 07:56 AM
    Shoot! I could use a new credit card too. Lol. My FICO is about the same as yours. I actually wouldn't cancel the card though. I would cancel my BOA one.
    11-21-11 08:02 AM
    Just got my FedEx tracking number, and so far, all is well. I have to admit, I was a bit apprehensive over this deal since I really have never dealt with buy.com. As a side note, I did contact Chase about the new card I got approved for, and they did say that it was charged the initial $199.00, and that they immediately credited $75.00, so there are no worries about that offer, so, long story short, $125.00 for a new PB is damn good in my book.
    11-21-11 05:10 PM
    damn, that is a steal! Congrats!
    11-21-11 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD