Well, Santa brought me my new 32GB, wifi Playbook.

Can't get it set-up. Battery at 0%, and won't take a charge, and it won't set-up until battery is past 20%.

I started searching on here, and on the web, but I'm not getting a clear answer on what to do. It tells me to try and stack charge it, which is plug in for 2 minutes, and unplug for 2 minutes, except when I unplug it shuts down in 60 seconds.

I've tried using both cables provided. Yes I plugged it in correctly. I don't have a rapid charger

Can anyone help please?
    12-25-12 07:50 AM
    You can call Santa and ask what to do, or let your new PB completely charged to 100% (around 3 to 4 hours)... totally drained battery usually takes time to recharge... If it still not going to wake-up, you should install the Desktop software and connect your PlayBook in your PC... this will enable you to start-up your PB and install the latest OS version before letting you to set it up...
    12-25-12 08:01 AM
    thanks, but its been plugged in for the past hour now, and its still at 0%. Can't connect to DT Manager because it's not set-up.

Pretty sure I have an issue thats a little beyond keeping it plugged in at this stage of farting around
    12-25-12 08:12 AM
    How do you it is at 0%?
    12-25-12 08:42 AM
    How do you it is at 0%?
    It just sits there at the red screen that says "Battery Level Critically Low" shows the batter icon with the lighning bolt through it to show its charging, but the level stays at 0%. Once I unplug it, a countdown timer starts counting down from 60 seconds below the battery icon and indicates the PB will shut down if not plugged in within that time.

As big a BB fan as I am, I can see why the PB has been panned in the past.
    fabio984 likes this.
    12-25-12 08:50 AM
    Well maybe with it off, make sure in a dark room. Open dm and with the pb off plug it in, choose update/repair and it will download and install the latest OS. It will take awhile and might kick start it.
    12-25-12 08:58 AM
    You may need to plug it in and leave it alone for more than an hour. Do not try charging from a computer. Use the include AC adapter. Plug it in and leave it alone - each time you try turning it on, the screen alone can rob it of power it needs to overcome it very low state. The battery symbol showing, I _THINK_ means you do NOT yet need Stack Charging. Stack is for when NOTHING shows.

I don't know if Rim is around today, being so close to the North Pole, they may be recovering....

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    ibpluto likes this.
    12-25-12 09:14 AM
    You may need to plug it in and leave it alone for more than an hour. Do not try charging from a computer. Use the include AC adapter. Plug it in and leave it alone - each time you try turning it on, the screen alone can rob it of power it needs to overcome it very low state. The battery symbol showing, I _THINK_ means you do NOT yet need Stack Charging. Stack is for when NOTHING shows.

I don't know if Rim is around today, being so close to the North Pole, they may be recovering....

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    Thanks, great info.

I unplugeed and replugged a couple more times, and let it sit plugged in, it has finally moved off 0%, looks like I am on my way!

YAY. 1%!....oh, 2%! Here we go. I be PB'ing soon
    bb624 likes this.
    12-25-12 09:46 AM
    It's been nearly a day, is it charged yet?
    Use the wall charger. Don't try charging it using the USB cable connected to your computer.
    Good luck. Patience is the key.
    ibpluto likes this.
    12-26-12 06:55 AM
    It's been nearly a day, is it charged yet?
    Use the wall charger. Don't try charging it using the USB cable connected to your computer.
    Good luck. Patience is the key.
    it did, as I mentioned, it was stuck at zero, but after dorking around with it (plugging and unplugging) it started to take a charge....quickly

I'm actually posting this from my PB...... I absolutely LOVE this thing!!
    kbz1960, Angus_CB, FF22 and 2 others like this.
    12-26-12 09:33 AM
    You see, Santa is real :-)
    12-26-12 03:06 PM
    I think my new PB 64 sat there for close to an hour yesterday before the little battery indicator moved off the peg. I was racing around the house for awhile trying different AC plugs before sanity took hold and I became my patient self once more. Congrats on your new PlayBook.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    12-26-12 03:34 PM
    Keep this in mind in the future. I know you just purchased it. Don't let the battery level go below 10% before charging. Tap the battery icon, it will dhow you the level. Had mine for 17 months, use it every day, love it.
    ibpluto likes this.
    12-26-12 03:47 PM
    Keep this in mind in the future. I know you just purchased it. Don't let the battery level go below 10% before charging. Tap the battery icon, it will dhow you the level. Had mine for 17 months, use it every day, love it.
    Thanks for the advice ....what happens below 10%?
    12-26-12 05:29 PM
    To reemphasize - if you see a battery icon/image/graphic/picture and it says the pb needs charging or is Zero or 1% or whatever - it does NOT need stack charging, it just needs patience - at least an hour it not more for there to be any discernible battery increase. Leave it alone. Each time you try something else on it including looking at it, the battery just depletes a bit more trying to show the screen. And once again, it is best to charge with the ac adapter that came with the pb.
    12-26-12 05:33 PM
    NOT all pb's

But some can go into "cardiac arrest" but not at or below 10% but that's a good time to charge it. SOME pb's will enter a hibernation state and not accept a charge. That's when Stack Charging might be necessary. Plenty of threads on it already.
    12-26-12 05:35 PM
    It's just an abundance of caution.
    The PB will go into an auto shut down mode around 0 %. To play it safe I would plug soon after seeing that message. If left for some unknown period of time in that discharged state you may having trouble charging. I know my wife's PB has been left for days completely dead and recharged fine but some have reported trouble recharging.
    12-26-12 08:18 PM
    it did, as I mentioned, it was stuck at zero, but after dorking around with it (plugging and unplugging) it started to take a charge....quickly

I'm actually posting this from my PB...... I absolutely LOVE this thing!!
    Same problem here. You did the "plug/unplug" thing with the playbook ON or OFF?
    03-08-13 06:13 AM
    Same problem here. You did the "plug/unplug" thing with the playbook ON or OFF?
    On. .
    03-08-13 08:44 PM
    It's working now!!
    03-09-13 02:49 AM