I have submitted my PIN twice, and each time it was accepted. But when I subsequently checked for an update I get the same thing: you already have the latest version. Why am I not offered OS2 Beta?

If I get past this, and do the update:

- all my media files will be preserved, right?
    - all my apps will still be there, but some (most?) will not work, right?
    - when OS2 is released, the beta version will be update-able, right?

I have done a backup in case I want to go back to ver 1.07.3312.

Thanks for any help!
    10-19-11 06:08 PM
    all my files were kept when i did the upgrade...

been having a few issues configuring bluetooth but finally managed to have bridge working. myapps are still here. did a backup just in case but so far os2 beta not bad.
    fastartcee likes this.
    10-19-11 06:34 PM
    Thanks for the reply, alekza. Nobody else has taken the time to lend any advice... but maybe they don't have any answers!
    10-19-11 09:30 PM
    I have submitted my PIN twice, and each time it was accepted. But when I subsequently checked for an update I get the same thing: you already have the latest version. Why am I not offered OS2 Beta?

If I get past this, and do the update:

- all my media files will be preserved, right?

- all my apps will still be there, but some (most?) will not work, right?

- when OS2 is released, the beta version will be update-able, right?

I have done a backup in case I want to go back to ver 1.07.3312.

Thanks for any help!

Yes. I would think it would be update able.

Yes it preserves your files and apps but a few apps may not fully work.

Not sure why they won't push the beta to you but they did say it was only available for download for 24 hours.

I would highly recommend a full security wipe and install though. I found the beta to be much better this way. You can always reinstall the apps from App World and copy your docs pics etc back onto the PB.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    fastartcee likes this.
    10-19-11 09:42 PM
    - yes
    - yes
    - yes, although we haven't been specifically told.

I have the beta and unless your a developer I suggest you hold off. No new features, and will take away some of the features you enjoy now, add crashes and hiccups and that's about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    fastartcee likes this.
    10-19-11 09:43 PM
    Thanks for the reply, alekza. Nobody else has taken the time to lend any advice... but maybe they don't have any answers!
    nope because you already got ur answer.
    10-19-11 09:45 PM
    Run a backup, do a security wipe, do the upgrade and then do a restore.

Did mine that way and have lost nothing and so far have not run into anything that doesn't work properly.
    fastartcee likes this.
    10-19-11 09:46 PM
    - yes
    - yes
    - yes, although we haven't been specifically told.

I have the beta and unless your a developer I suggest you hold off. No new features, and will take away some of the features you enjoy now, add crashes and hiccups and that's about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    A few work around are needed for the bridge items and one or two of my app no longer work (which I replaced with another different brand app) but over all I like it.

It has not crashed once or even hiccuped on me...so not sure whats with yours.
    I would recommend a fresh install after a wipe. Works fine and fast.

Tim
    fastartcee likes this.
    10-19-11 10:43 PM
    It is a beta..or more like a naked alpha version. Nice new improvements but the performance is greatly hindered. On top of less available RAM for debugging, Docs to go is becoming more unreliable. apps that run at the same time is about 4 with the browser before **** starts to happen.

I tried running docs to go while i had my music playing and a video paused and a browser window, guess what? docs to go didn't start and gave me an error, had to reboot to have it working again.

Just stay away for now, its nice to play with for a few hours but you start missing the stability and more RAM you had in 1.0.7
    fastartcee likes this.
    10-20-11 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD